34

For a moment neither of them didn't move or say anything

For a moment neither of them didn't move or say anything. The rain had soaked Clarke and Lexa didn't notice it first that the blonde was on the verge of crying. It wasn't until a sob escaped Clarke's mouth that she realised it and Clarke stepped forward until her body was pressed against Lexa's. She hung onto her so tightly, not wanting to let go. Lexa froze at the movement and froze when she could feel Clarke drenching her own clothes. But it didn't take long for her to close her arms around the blonde and held her as tightly as Clarke held her. Clarke broke down in sobs and it triggered Lexa too. "I'm sorry, Lexa. I didn't want to give you the feeling like I blame you for anything of it. It was just all too much. I saw where it happened and then finding out it was…" Clarke didn't finish her sentence because she rather forgets about it. She doesn't want to be reminded of it all the time and she wants to go back to the time where Lexa and her had lots of fun. "It's okay Clarke. It's right to blame me because-" Lexa started but Clarke didn't let her finish. "It's not. My opinion didn't change. Words I said on the beach, I meant them." Hearing Clarke say those words was a big relief for Lexa. Both were crying their souls out while holding each other. Clarke's cold radiated through the thin layers of their clothes. "You're freezing." Lexa said while she shivered. "You're hot." Clarke said and she enjoyed the feeling of Lexa's body warmth. "Thanks." Lexa said and Clarke laughed while crying. "How can you make me laugh while I'm crying?" Clarke asked while she rested her head on Lexa's shoulder and she could feel Lexa shrug. They just stood there for a moment, shuddering together. "Clarke, as much as I love this, I don't want you to get sick. You should take a shower here. You can borrow some clothes of me then and stay the night. It's late." Lexa said and Clarke leaned back a bit to look Lexa in the eyes. Clarke had noticed Lexa's green eyes before but now they stood out more. Her face in the darkness of the night but those green eyes lit up. At first the green eyes stared back at hers but then she noticed they were going more down towards her lips. Naturally her eyes went to Lexa's lips too and she could see how they were parted to breath. A heat formed in her stomach, a desire maybe for Lexa to move closer so she could feel them on hers.  For a slight second Lexa moved closer and the heat in Clarke’s stomach changed into a tingling feeling but Lexa tensed her jaw and pulled back again. Her eyes moved from her lips to her eyes again. Clarke wanted to grab Lexa's arms when she felt them leaving from around them but didn’t. “I’ll show you the bathroom.” Lexa said and closed the door first before walking towards the bathroom. “But what about you? I drenched your clothes.” Clarke said and Lexa smiled kindly at her. “I’ll shower upstairs.” Lexa said and she showed Clarke the bathroom and where everything laid before leaving to shower herself. 

As the water was pouring down Lexa’s body, she thought back of earlier

As the water was pouring down Lexa’s body, she thought back of earlier. The tension she felt in the air as Clarke looked in her eyes and the way she almost lost control and would have kissed Clarke. But she couldn’t for many reasons. A couple of hours ago she thought Clarke disgusted her and it was way too soon and way too fast. She didn’t even know what Clarke was to her. It was probably in the heat of the moment. She loved Costia. Besides, Clarke is straight anyways. With her hands she formed a bowl and let it fill by the water before she threw it in her face and rubbed her face with her hands as she could rub her thoughts away. She finished her shower, dried her hair and put some clothes on before going downstairs again. She could hear the shower still running and laid down on the covers of her bed, waiting for Clarke to finish. She took the book that was laying on her nightstand and started to read in it. She was so concentrated in it that she hadn’t noticed that Clarke was done with showering. When Clarke entered her room and her mouth fell open when she saw Clarke in her clothes. She didn’t know why but seeing Clarke in her clothes gave her a weird feeling. She couldn’t move and Clarke smiled at her while she laid between the brunette’s legs and laid her head on her chest. “What are you reading?” She asked and she started to read the page Lexa was on. “Homo deus.” Lexa said and Clarke smirked. “What are you laughing at?” Lexa asked. “I don’t know. I didn’t saw you as someone who was interested in science and things like that.” 
“It’s not science. He talks about the history and human actions. It’s a good book.” Lexa said and she scoffed while she closed her eyes again. “I’m not a reader so I wouldn’t know.” Clarke said but she read together with Lexa until her eyes were too heavy and she couldn’t hold them open anymore. Lexa set the book aside when she noticed it. “Clarke, you’re falling asleep.” Lexa said and Clarke just hummed. “Don’t you sleep without clothes? And we’re laying on top of the covers.” 
“Your clothes smell like you and I like it. Plus they are warm enough.” Clarke said without opening her eyes. “You want to sleep right here?” Lexa asked surprised. “I don’t want to sleep alone right now if that’s okay with you.” 
“Okay.” Lexa said and she tried to cover their bodies as much with the blanket as she could. After that she held Clarke so her arms would warm the blonde up too.