82

Pike dragged Clarke to her cel. He opened the door and pushed Clarke inside. Besides the things Clarke expected to see, a toilet and beds, she saw a girl maybe a bit older than her but not much. She was reading a book while laying on her bed and looked shortly at the new intruder. “Anya, this is Clarke. She will be joining you here.” Pike said before he left and locked the door. “Hi, I’m Clarke.” Clarke said and the girl shortly looked from her book again. “Yeah I know. He told.” She said before concentrating again. Clarke sat down on the bed that wasn’t taken in by the other girl. “So…” Clarke said but she didn’t get any reaction of Anya. “Why are you here?” Clarke asked and Anya laid her book beside her with a big sigh while getting up from the bed. “I’m not your friend. So just shut up and sit your time.” She said and Clarke was shook by. “Got it.” Clarke said and the girl started to read again. Clarke stared at the ceiling for a long time, thinking of Lexa. What was she going to do? What did she need to do to get free and not take the risk of Lexa getting into prison because of Pike. Her head slowly filled with more and more questions what caused a headache. Clarke got off the bed and massaged her temples while walking back and forth in their small space. “Can you please stop that?” Anya asked with annoyance in her voice. “Is there anything I can do that wouldn’t bother you?! Talking isn’t good, walking isn’t good, what is?!” Clarke asked annoyed too. She had only been here for some minutes and it was already driving her crazy. “Sleep or draw, I don’t care as long as you’re quiet that I even doubt if you’re alive, you’re good.” 
“Wait. Draw? I can draw here?” Clarke asked and there was a sparkle of hope in her chest. “Yes. There are crayons there.” Anya said while she pointed at the corner of the room. “And where do I get a sketchbook?” Clarke asked and Anya scoffed. “Where do you think you are? This isn’t art school lady. You’re in prison. Draw on the floor or walls. It will make it less dead here.” Anya said before she concentrated on her book again and Clarke took some crayons and started to draw on the floor. 

Clarke woke up by an officer knocking on their door

Clarke woke up by an officer knocking on their door. Clarke groaned when she felt the pain in her back. She hadn’t slept well on the hard mattress at all. “What’s going on?” Clarke asked when she saw Anya putting her sweater and shoes on. “Breakfast.” She simply said before she got up and knocked on the door that got opened not much later to let her get dragged away. Clarke did the same and soon she was walking in the row to get breakfast on her plate. She looked around the table, across all the other inmates, searching for Anya’s face but she couldn’t see her. Instead Clarke sat down around  an empty table and forced herself to eat. She needed to hear Lexa’s voice right now and know if she was alright. Clarke let her eyes search for Anya again and when she finally recognized the face between all the others, she got up and approached her. “Do you know where and when I can call my girlfriend?” Clarke asked and all eyes were fixed on her. They are over there.” Any said while pointing a direction. “You’ll have to hurry. It’s only 5 minutes left until we need to get to our cel again.”She continued and Clarke cursed. “Hey, aren’t you a singer?” Someone that sat around that table asked. Clarke shortly looked at the person before walking to the direction Anya had pointed at. There was a whole row and Clarke knew that she wouldn’t get to the phone in time. “Can I please make a call? It’s urgent.” She begged and the inmates looked at her from head to toe. “Every call is urgent here.” One of them said and Clarke started to get impatient. “Mine is super urgent.” She said and one of the inmates walked closer to her. “I recognize you. You’re that singer. You think your career is more important than us hearing our loved ones?” 
“I will call my loved one.” Clarke said but the inmate laughed. “Just get in line.” She said and turned around again. Clarke needed to hear Lexa, she knew Lexa needed to hear her too and ran to the phone once the recent one was done with the call. Clarke didn’t get the time to dial the number or she was pushed to the wall already. Before she could realise what was happening, she got a punch in her face. Suddenly she couldn’t breathe anymore. Her airway was getting blocked by the phone wire strangling her neck. Clarke was sure she had turned purple by now and just when she felt like fainting, she could see how Anya threw a punch at the person behind her what caused the wire to loosen around her neck so she could breathe again. Anya pushed the inmate against the wall. “Back off.” She said before dragging Clarke out of there.