24

Lexa was shocked when she heard that Luna and Raven had been making out. She looked at Luna with open mouth, not able to say or do something. Tons of questions flashed through her mind. “Stop looking at me like that.” Luna begged and she walked further and Lexa followed her. “Okay no.” Lexa said and she pulled at Luna’s arm so her cousin would focus on her again. “I need an explanation.” 
“What do you mean an explanation?! I just explained, Lexa!” Luna shouted and looked at the ground after. Lexa could see she was upset. 
“Okay calm down. Why are you upset?” 
“She doesn’t remember, Lexa. She forgot.” Luna said softly. “How do you know that?” 
“Because we were watching you and Clarke and I asked Raven if she was still sure Clarke was straight and then she said you two didn’t kiss so it meant nothing. She said it was impossible for you to be ready for a new relationship because of Costia.” 
“Okay you did what?!” Lexa asked and Luna knew she was in deep shit but she needed to tell it to someone. And her cousin was one of the few people she trusted. Luna stayed quiet so Lexa started again, “You are telling me that you are discussing Clarke’s sexuality with one of her best friends?” Lexa asked and she crossed her arms. “I can explain…” 
“Then you better start doing it.” 
“You know how I think that there is something between you and Clarke. And I wanted to discuss that with someone because I thought Raven would’ve seen it too because it’s obvious.” 
“Seen what?!” Lexa asked louder because she was getting mad. “That you and Clarke are more than friends!” 
“Oh god I’m not going to argue with you about this again. We are friends! For God’s sake I think of Costia all the time!” 
“So you're telling me that when you are with Clarke, Costia is still on your mind.” Luna asked and Lexa’s mouth snapped shut. “See?” Luna asked softly after she stayed quiet. “That doesn’t mean anything.” Lexa said and Luna rolled her eyes while she scoffed. “It doesn’t! Yes it’s true. When I’m with Clarke it’s easier to set my mind off of this whole situation. Besides, it doesn’t matter because Clarke is straight.” Lexa said before Luna would argue about it again. “Why are you and Raven so convinced of that?” Luna asked. “See even Raven thinks she’s straight. And how long does she know her? And how long do you know Clarke?” 
“It doesn’t matter how long you know that person. I look at it with a different perspective. Raven knows her for years and she’ve seen Clarke only together with boys. She didn’t take girls for an option because straight people only think like that. They think that everyone is straight. It’s always like that or coming out wouldn’t exist. And when we were watching you two, I saw her gaze. She wasn’t sure anymore.” 
“That’s just the point, Luna! Let’s say that she is bisexual or whatever other sexuality, or she hasn’t found it out yet. You just put her in a difficult situation. Who says she wants to come out or who says Raven would be okay with that? You just made Raven hesitate about Clarke’s sexuality while Clarke doesn’t know of it. That’s her job to do. It’s her right to tell her own friends about it!” Lexa said and Luna got why Lexa was mad about it. “I just thought that Raven hesitated already. After Clarke’s reaction on that waitress in the restaurant I thought it would be obvious.” 
“What are you even talking about?” Lexa asked confused. “Clarke’s reaction when the waitress asked for your number.” Luna said, expecting Lexa would know what she was talking about but Lexa’s facial expression stayed the same. “She scoffed.” Luna explained. “She choked on something.” Lexa said and Luna had to laugh. “Oh please, Lexa. You’re so naive sometimes. She scoffed.” 
“Well let’s admit that it was kinda embarrassing of the waitress to ask it. Like I would give my number to a stranger.” 
“We all thought that yes but why didn’t me or Raven scoff?” 
“I don’t know! And it’s not about that! You did something while it wasn’t your place to do!” Lexa said, now getting even more mad. 
“We kissed so why would she have something against Clarke if she turns out to be not straight?” 
“Yeah because she for sure remembers that right?” Lexa shot back and Luna raised her eyebrows now. “Already protecting your princess, huh?” Luna said and Lexa clenched her fists to keep herself from losing control. “What? Are you going to hit your own family for a girl you just met?” Luna asked while she walked closer to Lexa, to test her limits. Lexa clenched her jaw to keep herself from talking. They stood there, faces only inches away from each other. Eyes shifting from the left to the right. Lexa was tensed but didn’t give in. Not yet. “What’s it going to be, Lexa?” Luna said and just when Lexa was about to lose it, Raven pushed the two away from each other and stood in between them. “What is going on here?!” She asked while she looked from Luna to Lexa. “It seems like Lexa over there picks Clarke over her own blood.” Luna said and Lexa scoffed while she shook her head. “What is she talking about?” Raven asked to Lexa but Lexa just kept on staring at Luna. “Lexa is mad because I discussed Clarke’s sexuality with you.” Luna explained and Raven was confused how that could lead to a heated moment like this. “You don’t get it do you?” Lexa finally spoke. “It wasn’t your place to tell to Raven.” Lexa said. “Wait, did something happen between you two? Is Clarke actually bisexual?” Raven asked to Lexa. “Would you have a problem with that?” Lexa asked Raven and Raven felt threatened by Lexa. “Of course not. I love her.” 
“See. Don’t make a big deal out of it.” Luna said and Lexa scoffed again. “Not a big deal out of it?! My dad loved me, didn’t he? Still he was an alcoholic because I am gay. And it became his death. So don’t you dare tell me that it’s not a big deal.” Lexa said and she walked away from them, out of the store, back to the car. Lexa got in the backseat next to Clarke again and Clarke immediately noticed something was wrong. “Are you okay?” She asked while she naturally grabbed Lexa’s hand but Lexa pulled away. “I’m fine.” She shorty replied and she looked out of the side window, away from Clarke. Not much later Luna and Raven came back in the car, both not saying a word and they just drove away