42

Lexa could hear the audience shouting already and suddenly she forgot how to breathe

Lexa could hear the audience shouting already and suddenly she forgot how to breathe. Clarke noticed the shortbreath of Lexa and laid her hands on her shoulders so the brunette would look into her eyes. “Hey, you’re okay.  You’re going to do great. We practised this and you were great.” Clarke said but Lexa still couldn’t breathe so Clarke started to breathe with her. “Breathe with me. In and out.” Clarke said and Lexa followed her example. After awhile her breathing started to steady. “Good.” Clarke said and she pinched Lexa’s shoulders shortly to encourage her. “If you’re ready, you can go up the stage.” A guy with some headphones on his head said while he was holding a list in his hands. Everyone got closer and held their hands above each other’s before Clarke started talking, “Okay normally Bellamy does the speaking but since he was so stupid of getting into a fight, I’ll take it over. This is the first time performing without someone of the band and it’s all going to be new. But I have all trust in Lexa and in all of you that we will make our fans out there have an amazing time just as ourselves. We are going to kill this show just like we killed the rest of them. Let the music guide you and enjoy everyone.” Clarke said and she looked at Lexa who looked back at her with a terrified face. “Hey it’s going to be okay. Trust me.” Clarke said. “Aren’t you nervous?” Lexa asked out of breath of the nerves and Clarke had to laugh. “Of course I am.” She said with a smile and she took Lexa’s hand and guided her up the stairs. 

(Video available on intagram account @modernau_the100)

The moment the audience saw them coming on the stage, they got overwhelmed with the sound of them shouting. Lexa couldn’t move. She had never experienced this before. Every hair that there was on her body was standing up for sure now. “Bonjour Paris!” Clarke shouted in the microphone and the whole crowd started to shout even more. Meanwhile everyone started to get in their positions, Lexa behind the piano. She looked down at her hands and noticed they were trembling. She quickly shaked them to stop the trembling and hadn’t noticed to what Clarke had been saying. It wasn’t until she heard her own name, that she started to pay attention again. “As you all might have seen, Bellamy won’t be able to play the piano this night. But we found someone who’s good at it too. A warm applause for Lexa Woods please.” Clarke said and Lexa’s cheeks turned pink. Lexa clapped herself and raised her hands in the air to show her appreciation. It didn’t take long for Clarke to give signs to start the music and start the singing. 

I can’t help but love you
Even though I try not to 
I can’t help but want you
I know that I’d die without you
Stay with me a little longer
I will wait for you
Shadows creep
And want grows stronger
Deeper than the truth
(War of Hearts - Ruelle) 

I can’t help but love youEven though I try not to I can’t help but want youI know that I’d die without youStay with me a little longerI will wait for youShadows creepAnd want grows strongerDeeper than the truth(War of Hearts - Ruelle) 

The whole evening everyone went just with the flow and Lexa had the best time of her life. She couldn’t explain what she felt while she was a part of what they played. Before she had seen people cry while performing and she found it the weirdest thing ever but now she understood why. Once you’re up here there are so many sensations going through your body. They were at their last song now and everyone gave their last energy in it. Everyone raised their hands once they were done and they just laughed from relief and happiness. Everything had gone perfectly and Clarke ran towards Lexa when they were done. She dragged the brunette from behind the piano and hugged her tightly while the crowd kept on screaming and shouting. It didn’t take long for the rest of the band to join their hug too and Clarke escaped out of it to say something again, “Thank you everyone for coming to see us. We all love you so much and you were great as always tonight. I want to thank our friend Lexa too for helping us out. You did amazing tonight and I can’t believe you performed that good while you never stood on a stage before.” Clarke said while she looked at Lexa who was still standing with the rest of the band. Raven pushed the brunette to the front next to Clarke and the crowd started to shout louder again. “Merci beaucoup pour ce soir. C’est une expérience unique et incroyable. Je t’aime! (Thank you so much for this night. It’s an unique and unbelievable experience. I love you.)” Lexa said and Clarke was looking at her with open mouth. She didn’t know Lexa could speak french and was amazed by it. The crowd was too because they only started to shout louder and louder. After all of them showed their love to their fans, they went backstage again. “That was crazy!” Lexa said out of breathe and Clarke had to laugh. “Did you like it?” 
“I loved it.” Lexa said and she pulled Clarke into a hug again. “I can’t thank you enough for this.” She said in the blonde’s hair. “Are you kidding me? You totally saved our asses here. We should be thanking you Lexa. Now let’s go eat something and discover Paris some more.” Clarke said and everyone agreed.