98

Clarke looked out of the window and saw the beach in the distance

Clarke looked out of the window and saw the beach in the distance. “Ohh is it a beach day with all of us?” Clarke asked and Lexa chuckled while she looked at Anya. “Kinda…” She said and Clarke narrowed her eyes at her. She could see the brunette was hiding something but couldn’t think of what it was. Clarke moved closer to Lexa, pouting her mouth while taking her hands in hers. “What are we doing here?” Clarke asked as sweet as possible so she would get an answer but it only made Lexa’s smile wider. “Look at you.” She said while she tapped Clarke’s nose with her fingertip before placing a kiss on it. “It’s not going to work. It’s a surprise.” Lexa said and Clarke pouted harder. “Pleaseee?” She begged and kissed down Lexa’s neck but Lexa pushed her gently away by the shoulders while chuckling. “No Clarke. You’ll have to be patient.” 
“But-” 
“Jesus Clarke.” Raven said while from the seat behind her. “Do you beg this much between the sheets too?” She said and it made Clarke go silent while Lexa laughed and got up from her seat. “I love you but you’ll have to wait. And now someone else can take my place beside you or I might actually give in if you start to act like this.” Lexa said and she kissed her on the forehead before going to Anya and talking to her instead. “I think it’s my watch now to keep an eye on the prisoner.” Bellamy joked while he sat beside Clarke. Clarke rolled her eyes at the joke but did hug him when he sat down. “It’s been a while since we talked.” Clarke said and Bellamy nodded. “Yeah a bit too long. I’m sorry I didn’t contact you.” 
“It’s okay. I guess we’ve both been busy. Once we’re back on the road for the tour we can catch up the time we lost right?” Clarke said and Bellamy smiled at her. “Yeah we for sure will.” 
“What kept you busy all that time?” Clarke asked and Bellamy looked away with a smile. “Oh God. I know that smile. What are you hiding?” 
“I met someone. Her name is Gina and we’ve been texting for a couple of weeks now. I asked her on a date and she said yes.” 
“That’s great! I’m happy for you.” Clarke said and Bellamy smiled at her. “Alright people, let’s go! We’re here.” Lexa said while the bus came to a stop and the doors opened. Lexa stood outside of the bus and held her hand for Clarke to help her get down the little stairs. “My lady.” She said while she bowed for Clarke. Clarke took her hand and walked down the stairs, deciding to skip the last stair and just jump off it so Lexa would catch her and she did. Lexa spinned them around while she held Clarke in the air and the blonde pushed her lips against the brunette’s. “Are you ready for your surprise?” Lexa asked with a huge smile when they pulled away and Clarke nodded. “Do you trust me?” Lexa asked and Clarke nodded. The brunette covered her eyes with her hands while Anya followed them and the rest took the bags to settle down on the beach. “Are you ready?” Lexa asked after she guided Clarke and Clarke nodded. Lexa removed her hands and Clarke opened her eyes. She had to blink a few times before noticing that she was standing inside of a house. “What’s this?” Clarke asked confused and she turned around to face Lexa. “Clarke Griffin. Do you want to move in here  with me? We already kinda lived together, I know. But I thought it would be nice to have something for the both of us. I already asked Raven and Luna and Luna would take care of Raven so you don’t have to worry about that. And now Anya started a career as realtor, I thought that it was the perfect timing for a new start. A house where we can make new memories together. I don’t want to live apart from you because every second that I’m not with you feels like torture. You light up my world. You’re the reason why I get out of bed with a smile on my face. It feels like I can handle the world when I’m with you. Life can be short. I think we both realised that it can be over any time. So why waste any more time? I want to grow old with you here. Build a family here but only if you want that too. If you don’t like this house or this location or even this damn country then we won’t stay here. I would travel the world for you, follow you anywhere because I’ve never loved someone like I love you. And there is no way I’m going to let you go. So what do you think? Are you ready to settle down with me?” Lexa asked and Clarke looked around with open mouth, still processing what was happening. “No.” She said when she looked back at Lexa. Lexa’s smile slowly faded away so Clarke walked closer to her with a smile. “I’m ready to spend the rest of my life here with you.” She said and she pulled Lexa in a kiss. Their friends saw it through the window and clapped and shouted at them, knowing that meant that Clarke agreed.