54

Lexa caught herself smiling while she was watching a live stream of Arkadia’s concert. Seeing Clarke singing there and let the music guide her body was one of Lexa’s favourite images of Clarke. She could see how the blonde was in her own world at that moment and Lexa finally understood why since she had to fall in for Bellamy. She got the chills while she thought back of her experience there. She had so much fun with Clarke on the stage and just in general with Clarke in Paris. After that everything went downwards but Lexa didn’t let those thoughts ruin her good mood. What did ruin her mood was when she saw the camera fixated on the posters with Bellarke and then Bellamy giving a kiss on top of her head. The smile immediately disappeared from her face  and she had the same feeling inside her again as she saw the photo of Clarke and Bellamy kissing for the first time. She couldn’t tear her eyes away from the screen. It was like they were glued to them and Lexa didn’t even realise Costia had come back home until she felt hands massaging her shoulders and a kiss on her cheek. Costia could feel Lexa scare up under her touch. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.” Costia said and Lexa laid her hand on hers. “No it’s okay. I was just somewhere else with my head.” Lexa said and she smiled kindly at Costia. “What are you watching?” Costia asked and her eyes roamed over the screen. Lexa felt uncomfortable every time Costia was watching or talking about Clarke. “Are they together?” Costia asked and she nodded at the screen with her head. It wasn’t even necessary to do that since Lexa already knew about who she was talking. But Lexa did look at the screen again to not make it look suspicious she had payed attention to the two too. “It looks like it.” Lexa simply said and Costia sat down next Lexa on the couch while looking at her with a questionable gaze. “Don’t you know for sure? I thought you two spoke to each other daily.” She asked and Lexa felt a knot in her stomach everytime she had to talk about Clarke to Costia. “No I don’t know for sure but based on the kissing photo and this, it’s pretty obvious.” 
“Isn’t it weird she didn’t mention that in her texts to you?” 
“We don’t text that much anymore. Her last text was that she needed to explain me something when she came back to Los Angeles and that’s all.” 
“About what?” 
“I don’t know. She didn’t mention it. So I guess about her and Bellamy.” Lexa said with a sigh, hoping there would be a new subject soon. “She’s the girl who was with you at the club right? When I walked out with that guy?” Costia asked and Lexa nodded, fixating on the screen again to pretend she was paying attention to the concert. It wasn’t very convincing because the concert was done already and the band members were already off stage. The only thing she was seeing now were fans walking out. “Did something ever happen between you two?” Costia asked and it made Lexa look to her immediately again. She was shook by the sudden question and didn’t know what to say for a second. “No. No. Nothing. Why?” Lexa asked and she could see by the way Costia was looking at her nails, she was feeling uncomfortable too. “I don’t know. It just looked like that when I watched the footage of your performance in Paris.” Costia said and Lexa didn’t know what to say on it. She wanted to tell something. She wanted to tell that she and Clarke were just friends but Lexa didn’t know if she would sound that convincing. Not that she would tell a lie but maybe the disappointment in her voice would make it suspicious. So she just stayed quiet and was lucky Costia changed the subject, “I bought you something.” She said with a smile while she got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen table where a bag was standing. Lexa hadn’t noticed it before what meant she must’ve placed it there when she got back. Lexa putted the tv off and Costia came back with the bag behind her. “Follow me.” She said with a big smile and took one of Lexa’s hands to guide her to the bathroom. They stood in front of the mirror, looking at their reflections. “Close your eyes.” Costia said and Lexa did. She felt how Costia let go of her hand and heard some rustling sounds of the bag. She felt something cold against her neck and Lexa knew Costia just hung a necklace around her neck. “Open your eyes.” Costia whispered in her ear and Lexa did. She froze when she saw the necklace hanging around her neck. It was the exact same one Clarke and her had to throw down the ocean because it reminded her too much of Costia and her breakup. Lexa couldn’t move or say anything. Was she happy with it? She did like the necklace but that was before the breakup. Now it just reminded her off her moment with Clarke. When she threw it down the ocean and felt freed. Lexa felt the waiting and excited gaze of Costia peering through her and finally looked up from the necklace into her eyes. “And?” Costia asked excited and Lexa plastered a smile on her face because she didn’t want to disappoint the girl. “It’s the same necklace as the first one you got me.” Lexa said with a smile, trying to look happy with it and it seemed to work because Costia’s smile even went impossible wider. “Yes I know! I looked hours on websites to find it back and when I finally did I couldn’t wait to go buy it. I had to drive an hour away from here.” Costia said and Lexa felt guilty right away. The girl had put so much effort in it and Lexa didn’t even enjoy it fully. “I always liked the necklace.” Lexa said and she turned around so Costia and her weren’t looking at each other through the mirror anymore. She kissed Costia and thanked her again.