45

“You see? That’s the weather I want!” Octavia said while she closes her eyes and stands still to let the sun shine on her face

“You see? That’s the weather I want!” Octavia said while she closes her eyes and stands still to let the sun shine on her face. “Don’t get me wrong. Paris was great but God I missed the heat. The moment we drop our bags, I’m going to the beach and you can’t tell me different.” Octavia said and she took her bags and started to walk to the Uber that waited for them. “I’m coming with you for sure. I need to work on my tan.” Raven said and she followed too. “You’re a latina, Raven. What are you talking about?” Bellamy asked. “Racist.” Raven glared at Bellamy.  “I am not!” Bellamy shot back and Raven laughed while getting in the Uber. “Girls in bikinis. Who says no to that?” Jasper said to Monty and Bellamy while laying his arms on their shoulders and the boys laughed while walking to the van too. Only Luna, Lexa and Clarke were behind on the rest. Clarke hadn’t said anything to Lexa anymore ever since they got off the plane and Lexa had no clue what was going on. First they laughed together and the next moment she isolated herself from Lexa. “I talked to Lincoln on the plane and he’s looking to get some days of at the hospital so he can come to Sydney too.” Lexa said excited to Clarke. “Only Lincoln?” Clarke asked and there was something in her voice that she heard there was something wrong. “What do you mean?” Lexa asked confused but the blonde just shook her head. “Nothing. It’s great. Octavia will be happy.” Clarke said with dead voice and she walked to the van with no further explanation. Lexa slowed down, watching the blonde getting more distant. Not just in feet but in their relationship too. She had expected that she would react more excited but instead she acted cold. “What’s up with her?” Luna asked while she walked next to her cousin now and nodded at the blonde. “I have no idea.” Lexa sighed and they walked to the van too. 

Everyone walked to the beach the moment they had dropped their stuff off at the hotel. Lexa tried to talk to Clarke multiple times but it seemed like the blonde wasn’t in the mood to talk to her because she blocked off every conversation subject. Bellamy had brought a beach ball and threw it against Jasper his head. It bounced back in Lexa’s direction and the brunette controlled the ball with her foot, showed some of her soccer skills before kicked the ball back into Bellamy’s hands who looked at her with open mouth of surprise. “What? Never seen a girl controlling a ball before?” Lexa asked with a grin. “No actually. I mean, look for yourself.” Bellamy said and he threw the ball at Clarke who did not react to it at all and let the ball hit her. “God dammit Bellamy! Keep that ball for yourself before I put it up your scrotum with your other balls.” Clarke said mad while she threw the ball back. Bellamy laughed at her reaction and catched the ball but Lexa was worried. “Are you alright?” Lexa asked while touching her arm and Clarke pulled her arm away from Lexa. “I’m fine.” Clarke said with orotund voice, not even looking at Lexa. “Hey, Lexa. Want to play with us?” Bellamy said while she held the ball in the air and Lexa looked at Clarke, seeing if there was something in Clarke’s body language that said stay with me but there wasn’t any sign so she agreed and Bellamy threw the ball at her. 

After some beach games, they finally wanted to go in the water. While the boys and Lexa had played beach games and the rest of the girls were sunbathing, Lexa returned to them to remove her clothes she was still wearing above her bikini. “Do you want to join me for a swim.” She asked to Clarke while undressing and Clarke found it difficult to keep her eyes at Lexa’s face and not go lower. “Not now. But I will later.” She said and Lexa nodded. “Can you watch my stuff?” Lexa asked while she laid it on the towel next to Clarke’s before running to the sea. Clarke caught herself of checking Lexa out while she walked to the sea but stopped looking when she heard buzzing next to her. Her eye immediately catched Lexa’s cellphone and Clarke bit her lips while thinking. Is it Costia? What are they talking about? What does she need of Lexa? Should I look in it or is that a step too far? Clarke looked to her side and saw everyone with their eyes closed. She looked at Lexa in the sea before taking the phone without realising it.