79

Octavia arrived first and was sitting with Clarke in the waiting room

Octavia arrived first and was sitting with Clarke in the waiting room. She was holding her best friend while Clarke tried to calm down of what had happened the past hours. She just stared in front of her while her head rested on Octavia’s shoulder and her friend was petting her hair. “It will get better.” Octavia said. “Will it?” Clarke asked with brittle voice. “Lincoln knows what he’s doing. He won’t give up that easily on her.” 
“Sometimes people can’t be saved anymore. Even if you want to. It can be too late. She had lost so much blood, O. So much and it was bad. And Costia… Costia is dead.” Clarke said and she started to shake again. “It’s all over now. You’re safe.” Octavia said while she rubbed Clarke’s arm. Clarke knew Octavia did her best to help but those words didn’t do anything to her. They didn’t make her feel safe. There was only one person who could make her feel safe and that was Lexa. A tear rolled over her cheek again while thinking of the brunette who was currently still in surgery. She quickly wiped it away before getting up from her chair. “I need some air.” Clarke said and she walked outside. She looked around and saw a man smoking a cigarette while leaning against the hospital building. Clarke scoffed when she looked back at the time Lexa said she couldn’t quit or when she started smoking again and Lexa caught her on the roof of Octavia’s party. The evening that led to this. The almost kiss Costia had seen, the information Josephine gave to Costia about Raven. Clarke walked towards the man and she caught his attention when she was coming close enough. “Can I get one?” Clarke asked and the man gave Clarke a cigarette out of the pack. She inspectated it carefully while the man stood ready with his lighter. Just when he thought Clarke would lean in with the cigarette, Clarke gave it back to him. “No thanks. What’s the point of it anyways?” Clarke said while giving it back. What’s the point of smoking that cigarette if Lexa wasn’t able to hold her back anyways. Clarke was so lost in thoughts she hadn’t heard someone calling her voice. It wasn’t until she felt a hand on her shoulder that she turned around. Bellamy stood in front of her, his hand in his pocket. “I’m sorry.” He awkwardly said but Clarke didn’t care at this point. She flew in his arms, craving for his embrace that did offer her some sort of safe feeling. Not as much as Lexa could give her but he did give her a feeling of safety too. 

(Video on instagram Modernau_the100)

“How are you?” He asked when they pulled away again. “Awful.” Clarke confessed with a sad smile. Before they could talk more, Raven and Luna approached them. Luna supporting Raven while walking. Clarke hugged both of them immediately. This whole accident made her realise it really can be over in a few seconds and you don’t know what’s coming on your path. “Thank God you’re okay.” Raven said with a sigh of relief while she held Clarke tight. “How’s Lexa doing?” Luna asked worried while she glanced quickly inside. “I don’t know. She lost a lot of blood. Now we’re just waiting for Lincoln to come and say something.” Clarke said and Luna nodded that she understood. “Let’s get inside so we can see him when he comes.” Clarke said and she walked towards the waiting room again where Octavia was still waiting. She got up from her chair when she saw her brother and she hugged him. Clarke sat down again and glanced quickly at the clock that hung on the wall. It had been 6 hours now since she had brought Lexa in. While Octavia and Bellamy were discussing something quietly, Clarke noticed how close Luna and Raven were. Luna helped her friend with the leg brace she recently got. For the past few days Luna had been in the house a lot to help Raven out and Clarke knew why Luna was doing all of it. She could see it in her eyes when she looked at Raven. She even doubted it from her best friend if it was only friendship in her eyes. Before Clarke could dig into it more, the doors finally opened and Lincoln approached them. “The surgery went good we think. The bullet did hit some organs but we were able to fix it. Now she needs the time to heal. It’s very dangerous if her stitches go open again.” Lincoln said and Clarke let out a big sigh of relief. Bellamy threw her a smile at the good news. “She’s inside. She’s still very sleepy of the morphine but she asked for you.” Lincoln said to Clarke and it warmed Clarke’s heart, knowing Lexa thought of her after the surgery. Clarke followed Lincoln to Lexa’s room. The moment the door opens, she sees her favourite person laying on the bed with a heart monitor next to her and a respiratory mask on her mouth. Lexa’s eyes were closed and Clarke quietly walked further in, carefully to not wake the brunette. The moment she reaches the bed, she takes Lexa’s hand in hers. Lexa’s eyes faintly flutter open and Clarke’s eyes begin to tear again when she sees those sparkling eyes again. “I never thought I’d see you again.” Clarke said while tears ran down her cheeks. All Lexa could do was pinch Clarke’s hand but for Clarke that was enough. Because it was a sign that Lexa was alive.