4

Lexa awkwardly stood there alone while watching other people who were dancing, talking or drinking

Lexa awkwardly stood there alone while watching other people who were dancing, talking or drinking. She didn't recognise anyone so she just waited until Raven would come back. "Are you always that one creep who would just stare at everyone but not actually interact with anyone or are you a drug dealer waiting for some clients?" A blonde suddenly appeared from behind her and Lexa immediately noticed her bright blue eyes. Lexa didn't know what to say for a second because she did not expect this at all and something felt off but she couldn't place it. The blonde quirked an eyebrow when she didn't get any response. Lexa stammered to get a response out. "No! No! God no! Neither of those options. I- I'm Lexa. Octavia invited me here and then a girl named Raven dragged me here but a guy wanted to talk to her so I left them alone." Lexa explained in a hurry and the blonde grinned. "Calm down. I'm just messing with you. So you know Octavia?"

"Yeah. We see each other a lot on events and photoshoots."

"Oh wait! I knew I recognized you from somewhere. I've seen you on some panel or something I guess. You're a model too."

"Yeah I am. And you are?" Lexa asked when she realised she still didn't know the blonde's name. "Oh god turns out I'm the creep who randomly approaches strangers but don't introduce myself. I'm Clarke." The blonde said while she extended her hand and Lexa didn't hesitate shaking it. "Nice to meet you Clarke. Raven had mentioned you before. So I guess you're one of Octavia and Bellamy's friends?"

"I'm in a band with Bellamy and Raven and a few others. And Octavia and I are friends yes."

"Oh so you're a singer?"

"Yeah I am. Want to hear?" Clarke asked and even before Lexa could answer the blonde walked to the stage. People cheered when they saw Clarke on the stage and Lexa was surprised by it. It seemed like she was pretty famous by the amount of people who were excited and paying attention to what she was doing. "Alright Lexa over there", Clarke pointed at Lexa and people turned around to look at the brunette what made Lexa blush, "never heard me sing before so I guess I'll have to change that, right?" Clarke asked and the crowd started to cheer louder. The blonde sat down on a stool and everyone was quiet, waiting for her to start and sing. She took her guitar in her hands and started to play. Lexa expected Clarke to sing a song that would let the whole crowd go crazy but listening to the sounds of the guitar, it seemed it was going to be a slow song. Lexa got goosebumps when she heard Clarke's voice.

"When you feel your love's been taken

When you know there's something missing

In the dark, we're barely hangin' on

Then you rest your head upon my chest

And you feel like there ain't nothing left

I'm afraid that what we had is gone

Then I think of the start

And it echoes a spark

And I remember the magic electricity

Then I look in my heart

There's a light in the dark

Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me

That I wanna keep

Please don't leave

Please don't leave

When you lay there and you're sleeping

Hear the patterns of your breathing

And I tell you things you've never heard before

Asking questions to the ceiling

Never knowing what you're thinking

I'm afraid that what we had is gone"

(Flicker - Niall Horan)

Lexa couldn't stop the tears that started to roll down her cheeks

Lexa couldn't stop the tears that started to roll down her cheeks. The lyrics, that voice and guitar. Not ever had a song hitted her this hard. It reminded her of Costia. Everything about it. Every single lyric and Lexa was so caught up into it she hadn't even realised she was crying until the tears wetted her cheeks and it was impossible to not notice. Lexa quickly wiped her tears away and ran back into the house, desperate to find a place where she could be alone. She didn't want anyone to see her like this. She ran up the stairs to one of the rooms Octavia had shown that in case we needed a private moment, they could use this one. Lexa hoped there wouldn't be any couple making out in there. She held her breath while opening the door. She was relieved when she saw no one in the room and she saw the balcony had a fireplace. With a deep breath and fresh tears wetting her cheeks she sat down next to it, letting the heat kiss her skin.