86

Lexa succeeded in removing her hospital clothes but putting her jeans on was much harder than she thought

Lexa succeeded in removing her hospital clothes but putting her jeans on was much harder than she thought. Every time she tried to pull it up, she had to stop because of the pain. While she was laying on her bed with only her bra and a jeans around her knees, she hoped no one would come in. She raised her hips up from the bed, holding her breath while trying to get her pants up. The moment she heard the door opening, she fell down on the bed again. The air got knocked out of her lungs and she groaned when the pain shot through her wound again. “Lexa!” Luna shouted when she saw the brunette in pain. “I’m fine.” Lexa said through gritted teeth and she slowly raised her hand from her wound, hoping there wouldn’t be any blood on her bandages that shows it’s open again. She let out a breath of relief when she didn’t see any blood. “What the hell are you doing?” Luna asked while she looked Lexa laying in her bra and pants half on, trying to understand what’s going on here. Before Lexa could explain, Raven was walking in. The latina whistled when she saw Lexa’s fit, half naked body on the bed. “I can believe why Clarkie fell for you. I mean look at that!” Raven said and she stared unashamed at Lexa’s abs. Luna rolled her eyes and focused on Lexa again. “What’s going on?” She asked. 
“What do you mean? I’m getting ready of course.” Lexa said like it was the most natural thing in the world. “Getting ready for what?” Luna asked confused and Raven scoffed. “For Clarke’s trial, dumbo. What else?” Raven said and Lexa shrugged at Luna. “You can’t.” Luna said and Lexa made attemptions of putting her pants on again. “Watch me.” She said out of breath of trying the whole time. “Let me help you.” Raven said and she helped pulling Lexa’s jeans on. Luna glared at the latina with those eyes that just said ‘Seriously?’. “What?” Raven asked after she was done and Luna just scoffed while shaking her head. “Clarke can use all the support she has and Lexa over here is the most important one of all.” Raven explained. “Clarke will be nothing with that support when Lexa bleeds to death. It could even end up with Clarke not being able to cooperate clearly and she stays there in prison.” Luna said. “I’ll be fine. Now let’s get out of here before Lincoln catches me.” Lexa said while putting her shirt on and she slowly got out of the bed. This is the first time walking again after the surgeries and she still needs to get used to the feeling. Lexa soon found out she couldn’t move her left leg much or it hurted the wound too much. “Looks like I won’t be the only one who hobbles now.” Raven said and they both chuckled while walking out of the hospital to the parking lot. 

Clarke’s hands were sweating when they knocked on the door, telling her to come out. Anya got up from the bed. “I hope I won’t see you again.” She said and Clarke smiled. “I hope we do. Just not here but outside. The moment we get Pike, we will get you out.” Clarke said and Anya sticked out her arm. Clarke looked at it confused so Anya took Clarke’s arm and let her grab hers back. “May we meet again.” She said and Clarke repeated it before she walked outside and followed the guards. Clarke was guided into the back of  a van that drove to court. The moment the doors opened, Clarke saw hundreds of people in front of the building. All holding posters and shouting when they saw Clarke coming out of the van. Some accused Clarke of the murder and some claimed that she was innocent. The guards had to drag Clarke to the building because she couldn’t move. She was frozen to the ground and taken it all in. She realised it wasn’t only about her anymore. The whole world got involved into this and had created on own vision on this situation. It’s something she would carry with her for the rest of her life no matter what gets decided by the judges. Would everyone change opinions suddenly? She couldn’t think clear anymore. There were so many things on her mind. All she wanted now is Lexa. Just the two of them in their own bubble. Locked out of the world. Just as Clarke was imagining Lexa in front of her, she saw the brunette while the guards dragged her inside the building. She had to blink a few times to make sure if she wasn’t dreaming this. But that smile. That goddamn smile could only be real. A part of her was happy that the brunette was there with her but the other part was worried about her. Lexa saw it and mouthed that she was fine. She blew her a kiss and Clarke sat down. Clarke still felt dazed when the trial started. She had to swear first to only tell the truth and she lied like a pro she would. “Miss Griffin. Could you tell us what happened that day?” The judge asked and Clarke gulped before nodding and getting up. “Yes your honor. After my friend Raven got hit by a car, I wanted to talk to Murphy who hit Raven with the car. He told me how Costia had given him the order. If he wouldn’t have done it, she would’ve hurt his girlfriend who Costia had abducted at that time.” 
“I’m going to cut you off here. John Murphy is a free man and not guilty of the accident.” The judge said. “He was but Costia promised him he would be a free man. She did that through her father, inspector Pike, who manipulated the papers.” Clarke said and everyone started to buzz. “Order!” The judge yelled and it started to get quiet. “Continue.” He said and Clarke did. “The moment I leave Murphy’s house, Costia threatens the both of us with a gun and a knife. She drugged me and the next thing I know is that I wake up in a house I don’t recognize. She tells me stuff about her ex who is my girlfriend at the moment. That’s reason why she wanted me because I took her girlfriend away. Lexa came after me. Costia was about to shoot me but Lexa jumped in front of the bullet. Costia dropped the knife close to me so I took it and cut myself free. She was killing Lexa so I stabbed her for our own safety.” Clarke explained and the judge looked closely at her for some seconds. “Your honor. Can I take the word please?” Kane asked while getting up and the judge motioned him he could. “I brought witnesses who can confirm this. If you could listen to them?” Kane asked and the judge nodded again. “Let them come.” He said.