87

It took a long time until the judge was done with hearing Lexa’s, Emori’s, Murphy’s and Raven’s witness. All of them had told what happened exactly and Lexa had adjusted her witness perfectly to Clarke’s. Everyone looked at the judge with hopeful eyes to see the truth. Clarke waited for the judge to say something and when Kane didn’t let him, Clarke looked confused up at her mom’s boyfriend. “Your honor, I would like to ask for permission to bring someone else in who can testify against Costia.” Kane said and Clarke didn’t understand what was going on. The judge nodded and motioned to bring the person in. Clarke watched with confused eyes how Kane walked to the back of the room and opened the doors to reveal Anya. Clarke’s eyes immediately switched to Lexa to see her reaction. Lexa froze when she saw her old friend. Anya looking at her right in the eyes didn’t help the feeling of feeling intimidated. Was it really true that she had send an innocent person to jail? She cared for Anya and trusted her at that time so when they found the fraude, Lexa wasn’t even angry about the money but about the trust she had abused. Lexa looked down at the ground, not being able to face it anymore if what Clarke said really was the truth. Kane and Anya walked to the front of the room and when Anya passed Clarke, Clarke gave her a reassuring smile. “Who is this?” The judge asked. “This is Anya. She is a prisoner at the moment because she’s been accused of fraud.” Kane explained. “And what does this inmate have in common with this case?” The judge asked while he tried to understand what the purpose of this witness was. “Anya was financial manager of Lexa Woods. Lexa accused Anya of deposing a huge amount of money to her own bank account. At the time it was unclear for Anya how that happened. All she knew was that she hadn’t done it. The only three people who had access to Miss Woods bank account was Lexa, Anya and Costia. Now Anya met Clarke and heard her story about Costia, she realises that Costia is the one who did it.” Kane explained and the judge was quiet for some seconds. “It’s all very convenient to come up with that now Costia is dead and can’t defend herself. Besides, why would she deposit money to your bank account? It doesn’t make any sense.” The judge said and Lexa scoffed because it had been the exact same thing that she thought. “That’s why I’m asking your permission to speak.” Kane said and the judge looked Anya with a questionable gaze but then motioned she could. “Lexa and I became closer over the years. It wasn’t only business anymore. We more than that. There were many times we just meet up and talked about things that weren’t related to business.” Anya said but the judge interrupted her. “Are you saying that you and Lexa had an affair?” The judge asked and Anya quickly shook her head. “No we didn’t. Lexa loved Costia.The fact that she now testified against Costia just proves that they are telling the truth. Even if they weren’t together anymore I know for sure Lexa still loved her. The reason why Costia took me as a threat is because she found out that I loved Lexa. I would’ve given everything to be with her and I guess I started to be unobvious that Costia noticed it. It also proves anyone who loved Lexa, was a threat for her and she did everything to get that person out of Lexa’s life.” Anya said and Lexa froze again. She stopped breathing for some seconds. Anya was in love with her at that time? Lexa’s and Clarke’s gazes crossed for some seconds but Lexa wasn’t able to react, still processing everything. The judge dismissed Anya so she could take a seat. “Charles Pike, what do you have to say on this?” The judge now turned to Pike. Even though Pike was on the whole other side of the room, Clarke could see he was tensed by the way a vein became visible on his forehead. She could see his heartbeat through it. It was hard to take her eyes off of it. “That this is all bullshit.” He said firmly. “Watch your language inspector.” The judge demanded but Pike didn’t listen. He walked up to Clarke, pointing his finger at her. “You’re a liar. You killed my daughter without a reason!!” 
“Mister Pike! I need you to calm down and remain on your seat!” The judge shouted but it was all air for Pike who was only focussed on Clarke now. “Your daughter was a danger for everyone Lexa cared of. Anya spended months in prison because of your daughter while she was innocent. Your daughter is the criminal here, just admit it.” Clarke said and that triggered something in Pike who grabbed Clarke by the throat and pushed her to the ground, straddling her while pushing her airways so Clarke couldn’t breathe anymore. Lexa shot up from the chair but her wound didn’t let her of being fast. Luna had to hold her back and point at the security guards who threw Pike off of Clarke. The room was full of chaos and the judge had to demand silence. “This case is closed! Cuff this man and get him out of here. Clarke Griffin, you’re declared innocent and are a free woman again. You are excused.” The judge said and he got up from his chair and took his stuff, making it clear the case was over. Clarke’s throat was still sore but it didn’t stop her of looking at Lexa with a huge smile. She hugged Kane quickly and thanked him before running to Lexa. She had to hold herself back of jumping in her arms. She didn’t want to hurt her. Lexa cupped the blonde’s cheeks the moment she was in reach and pulled her in a deep kiss. The last time had been before the abduction and thinking of that made both of their hearts feel heavy. Their foreheads pressed together while kissing passionately. Raven, Luna and Octavia smiled at each other while they saw the two kissing and not being able to pull back or let go just yet. Clarke’s hands rested on Lexa’s hips, her nails digging in the flesh. They pulled back after a while. “I missed you so much.” Lexa said with hoarse voice. “Me too.” Clarke said and she pulled Lexa in for a kiss again, needing to feel the brunette close to her. After they pulled back again Lexa started to  inspect Clarke’s face and throat immediately. “Are you okay?” Lexa asked while carefully pushing her fingers against Clarke’s throat. “Of  course I am.” Clarke said and she pushed Lexa’s fingers away from her throat, intertwining them with hers. “What happened to your eye?!” Lexa asked then and she brought her other hand up to stroke the bruised skin of her eye. “It’s nothing. It’s fine, I’m okay now.” Clarke said and Lexa stroked Clarke’s cheek with her thumb while looking in the blue eyes. Lexa couldn’t bring out how sorry she was for letting Clarke go through this but Clarke could see it by the way Lexa’s brows were furrowed. “It’s okay, Lex. I’m here now.” Clarke said again she kissed Lexa quickly before pulling her in a hug carefully to not hurt her. “Group hug!” Raven shouted and everyone carefully joined the two in the hug.