Astrotrain x Reader

"Go on, Astro. Continue. It'll make you feel better."
"I'm just saying the others pretty much use me. They have all the fun while they use up most of my fuel. Ever wonder why we have to go get energon so often? I have to refuel more than the others because of them!" He continued his meaningful rant and I wrote down on my data pad things that stuck out.
"Have you ever tried telling them how you feel?" He shook his head and stared blankly.
"I haven't. But I know no one will listen. When have they ever listened to me? Astrotrain do this, Astrotrain go here... Astrotrain this Astrotrain that. It's always about me... how they use me for their own uses." I felt a pitiful frown grow on my dermas. If you couldn't tell already, I was the ship's psychologist. Along with Shockwave, but he remains on Cybertron most of the time. And he mainly specializes in the art of science, not mainly mental care.
"Astro, Hey-..." he looked at me. I didn't realize how dull his eyes have become.
"You know, I really did resist going to the darn meeting. But when I heard that you'd be the doctor, I felt better about myself going." I dimmed the lights I had and changed the lighting to a soft blue.
"I'm glad you felt better about going because of me. I feel flattered. But... why, may I ask, do you not feel safe being exposed of your problems in front of Dr. Shockwave?" Astrotrain fiddled aggressively with his servos and looked down. I handed him a clear bin full of stress toys that people seem to like using. He grabbed a squishy ball and pulled gently at the rubbery fabric. He bit his lip. I found myself writing down his secret issue: anxiety.
"W-well...Dr. Shockwave isn't really... the nicest? When it comes to therapy, that is." I continued tapping on my data pad and he sighed. He rested his helm in his servos and looked down with his optics closed.
"And do you feel threatened or uncomfortable around the rest of the ship's crew?" I asked. He didn't reply, just shuddered and little and then I heard sounds I've never heard from him. I saw a little sparkle from an energon tear that had fallen off his helm. At this moment, I didn't know who I was. Was I his best friend and comfort him? Or was I the ship's therapist and hand him a tissue? I grabbed his servo he looked at me.
"I... I never really... I'm sorry- I... I'm not acting like myself." I smiled reassuringly and got close to the sad mech.
"I understand, Astro. Crying shouldn't be an emotion you hide." Astrotrain nodded and bit his lip once more as he finally let soft hiccups and sobs out.
"I've been so stressed out... I feel like ...like I've been just a toy the others use for their entertainment and they don't realize how much fuel they've wasted on me." I hugged him and he hugged back. I've never seen him so vulnerable, so tiny.
"It's okay. If it really is hurting you so bad, I could tel-"
"No! Please..." I ended up crawling onto his lap and he held me close.
"I can handle it myself." He slowly said, as if he himself wasn't even sure if he was capable.
"If that is what you want." I slowly pushed the anxious mech down and snuggled into his neck.
"Get some sleep, Astro." The triple shifter nodded as he held me in his grasp and shut his optics.
"Thank you..." I pressed a soft kiss to his cheek and buried my helm to his chassis.
"Hey..." he started. I looked at him and he captured my dermas with his. I kissed back. The kiss was slow and sweet.
"You're welcome..." we separated after a short while and he laid his head on a throw pillow. I rested my head back onto his chest as we both set our mindset to that of dreams.

684 words