Hurts Like Hell

(Part 2 of "Someone Gets Hurt")

The last thing Manny remembered before falling unconscious was being in Harry's arms. He remembered feeling a great deal of pain all over his body. He could hear Harry calling out his name.

When Manny woke up, he was no longer in Harry's arms. He was laying on top of a bed in a place he couldn't recognize. His head began to ache as he brought his hand to it. He sat up and looked around him.

"Oh good! You're awake!" A voice from behind Many said. He turned to see it was a female doctor.

"W-Where am I...?" Manny asked.

"You're in the hospital, sweetie." The doctor informed him.

"W-Where are m-my friends?" Manny asked, shaking slightly.

"Don't worry dear. They're outside in the waiting room. Want me to bring them in?" The doctor asked.

"Y-Yes please..." Manny nodded. The doctor nodded and went to go get Harry and Robin.

Manny laid back down on the with a sigh. He looked at his arms. They were wrapped up in bandages to cover his cuts. He gently rubbed them with his thumb.

His eyes became dull and tired. His breathing slowed down and the world around him slowed down. Suddenly he heard the door burst open. Manny looked up and saw Harry and Robin at the entrance, smiling widely.

"Manny!" They both shouted.

Manny smiled widely at them, his eyes sparking with joy. "Guys!" He exclaimed happily. Harry and Robin ran over to him and hugged the small child.

"Oh Manny! We were so worried!" Harry said, close to tears. "I'm so happy to see you're OK!" Manny hugged the two males tightly.

"I'm happy to see you too." Manny sighed, smiling.

Robin rubbed his back gently. He and Harry looked over at the yellow child cuddling with them. Harry's smile suddenly dropped and he whispered something in Robin's ear. Robin's smile dropped as well.

"Guys?" Manny looked up at the two.

"Manny..." Robin started. "Do you remembered what happened before you passed out?" He asked. Manny stiffened up a bit and sat up.

"Y-Yeah..." Manny sighed, his eyes becoming dull once again. Harry gently brought Manny to his chest.

"Hey buddy. It's alright. We won't let him near you again. The police took Roy and those teachers to jail. They won't be leaving anytime soon." Harry hushed him softly.

"Yeah! And if they do, we'll beat 'em up!" Robin grinned, making Harry chuckle.

"Thanks, you guys..." Manny smiled slightly.

Suddenly the trio heard alarms go off and people yelling outside of the room. They went out to see what was going on. Harry tried to get the attention of one of the doctors.

"E-Excuse me! What's going on!?" Harry asked frantically.

"We heard gunshots coming from the hospital entrance!" The doctor explained. Harry and Robin's eyes widened with shock.