Behind Closed Doors

(Requested by: fluffymyers, who sent me a headcanon about Harry being monotone in public and a big, loud, and loveable idiot at home.)

Harry was at work, filing files silently. He sighed heavily. He hated being at work. He had to act like a monotone zombie. Otherwise everyone else at work would judge him and he could get fired for it. It was stupid and Harry knew it.

Harry was different than the rest of his kind. He was more emotional. While others like him laugh in a monotone way, he cackles, snorts, wheezes, etc. And while it's rare to see his kind cry while he bawls his eyes out after watching Inside Out.

He looked over at a picture on his desk of him and Robin together. He blushed slightly. He whished he was at home with Robin, cuddling together.

~Time Skip~

Harry was felt so relieved when he was finally able to work. He had a wide smile on his as he left. When he did however, he heard some of the other workers whispering about him.

"Why is he smiling?..."

"I heard he fucking snorts!"

"I heard he cries a lot..."

"Weirdo..."

Harry sighed and muttered angrily under his breathe. His eyes became dull. When he finally got home, Manny saw him and gave a wide smile.

"HAAAAARRY!" Manny shouted happily, running over to hug Harry tightly around his waist. Harry's mood got lifted up by the kid.

"Hahaha! Hey buddy!" Harry laughed, picking up Manny and tossing him in the air, making the little child giggle. Robin saw Harry and smiled.

"Hi baby!" Robin beamed, kissing Harry's cheek as he sat on the couch next to the green bird. Harry chuckled and kissed Robin back on the lips.

"Hey~" Harry said with a teasing voice, making Robin blush.

~~~

It was late at night. Robin and Harry were watching TV together after Manny had fallen asleep. Robin was letting his husband rant to him about his job while he was playing and braiding the red monster's long hair. Harry was laying his head on Robin's lap while he ranted.

"-And the MOMENT I crack a god damn smile, they all start whispering about me! As if I was deaf!" Harry grumbled, crossed his arms.

"Oh dear..."Robin kissed Harry's forehead, still braiding his hair.

"And look at this!" Harry handed Robin a piece of paper he got at work. "Some bitch gave this to me when I was laughing at something I saw at work. Wtf is this supposed to be!?" He asked.

Robin examined the paper. "It says it's a 'well thought out and organized list of complaints'" He read. Harry grabbed the paper and read it himself. he then proceeded to throw it to the ground and sit up.

"GRIEVANCES!? That entire place is a grievance! There should be a law against so many stuck up, emotionless tight wads working in one place. THE PLACE NEEDS TO BE DESTROYED!!..." Harry laid back on Robin's lap. "Or at least someone should be a different color. Blue maybe, I don't know."

"Hey..." Robin tilted Harry head to make him face him. "You don't have to work at a place that makes you miserable..." Harry sighed.

"I know but I need this job so I can provide for you guys... Besides I'm used to it by now..." Harry looked away, getting off of Robin's lap. Robin leaned over and kissed Harry's cheek softly.

"Well just know you can always be yourself with me." Robin said softly, kissing him again.

"Heh, thanks baby~" Harry smiled, kissing him back. They continued to watch TV together in peace.

(Send requests pls!)