Bird Mom Part 3

(Requested by: fluffymyers)

"What were your thinking!?"

Manny was getting bandaged up by his dads. They were at the park when the child had began to climb a tree. Harry and Robin kept telling him to get down but he didn't want to listen to them.

Then suddenly, the branch Manny was sitting on broke and he fell down. He wasn't very high up so he didn't get hurt too bad but he still got pretty hurt. His dad's immediately brought him home, to which Robin began scolding him.

"We told you to not climb that tree and now look at yourself!" Robin yelled.

"You're overreacting!" Manny huffed.

"Honey, you could've really gotten hurt." Harry worriedly said.

"I'm fine!" Manny crossed his arms. He got up and began to walk away but Robin stopped him

"No you are not! Now come and sit down. We're not done bandaging you yet." Robin tried to tell Manny, but the yellow child merely just walked away from him. "Get back here, young man!" He screamed.

"What're you gonna do mom? Send me to my room?" Manny rolled his eyes.

"I-"

"Well guess what?! YOU CAN'T! BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT MY MOM! YOU'RE JUST A DUMB, ANNOYING BIRD WHO ACTS LIKE HE'S EVERYBODY'S MOTHER WHEN HE'S NOT! SO STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER BE MY MOM, EVER!" Manny screamed at the top of his lungs, his face practically turning red.

He panted heavily and looked back at Robin and Harry. They both stared at him with shock. Robin looked like he was about to cry, his eyes glossy with tears. Manny's face dropped almost immediately and guilt was ridden over him. He then shook his head and stormed upstairs.

"R-Robin...?" Harry looked over at his husband, who was noticably shaking.

"I-I don't act that way...! Ha-Harry, do I act motherly!?" Robin asked.

"Um..." Harry rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Well do I?!"

"Er well...-"

"STOP RUBBING YOUR EYES AND LOOK AT ME WHEN I AM TALKING TO YOU!" Robin scolded.

"Y-Yes ma'am- I-I mean sir!" Harry stiffened up. Robin's expression dropped as he covered his face with his hands.

"Oh, I do act motherly..." Robin groaned to himself. Harry put a hand on his shoulder.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" He asked. The duck nodded, still looking down. "Ok. I'll go talk to him. Wait right here." Harry told him as he walked off to Manny. He eventually found him in their room, lying on top of his bed.

"ManMan? You alright?" Harry asked.

"Leave me alone..." Manny growled, curling up into a ball.

"Come on buddy, talk to me..." Harry begged, rubbing Manny's back. "You didn't mean what you said back there, did you?" He asked.

"...No..." Manny answered.

"Why'd you say it then?" Harry questioned.

"I...I was just frustrated..." Manny inched away from Harry.

"You know he loves you and just wants to keep you safe, right?" Harry reminded him.

"I know..." Manny mumbled. Harry sighed a bit.

"Hey, I know that Robin can be overbearing sometimes and motherly and it can be annoying. Trust me, he acts like that with me too." Harry joked, making Manny giggle softly. "But he only does it because he loves you so much. He feels like it's his job to keep you safe."

Manny stayed silent for a while until he sat up and spoke again. "Robin can be motherly sometimes but... that's not always a bad thing. He's compassionate and kind and he actually cares about me. The real me... That's more than my actual father ever did..." He said, looking down, feeling guilty.

"Kid..." Harry raised Manny's head up by his chin. "Come on. Let's go back downstairs and you can apologize to Robin" He said.

"He probably doesn't want to talk me after what I said to him..." Manny said sadly.

"He will, I promise." Harry reassured him.

"O-Ok." Manny smiled a bit. They both went downstairs to Robin, who was pacing the floor, biting his (nails???????). He saw them and immediately looked relieved.

"Go on.." Harry encouraged his son. Manny nodded and walked closer to the bird.

"Papa... I'm really sorry about what I said. I didn't meant to call you 'annoying' a-and 'dumb'. I was just frustrated." He explained, looking close to tears. "P-Please don't be mad a-at me..." He stuttered.

Robin smiled, embracing Manny in a hug. "Oh baby, Of course I'm not mad at you~" He whispered gently.

"Th-Thank you,," Manny beamed.

"No problem, sweetheart~" Robin cooed. "Now let's finish bandaging you up, alright" He said, picking up Manny gently in his arms. The yellow boy nodded and Robin put him back on the table to finish bandaging him.

(Send requests pls!)