III

A/n: last chapter of the prologue and we're in business for this new book. Ah anyways I'm hoping you guys love this chapter. ❤️

I sat in my room where I got done watching Batman the 1989 version and decided I'd go onto my Instagram since I haven't been on it in a year.

Going live I saw that nearly almost 14k thousand people joined as I turned off my lights and let my LED lights light up the room as the light purple covered every square inch, grabbing my acoustic guitar I started to play the song scandalous by prince.

I sang the lyrics with every meaning I felt as the lyrics flowed smoothly out my vocal chords. Comments started to flood in the live saying "what song is this?", "whoa your really pretty." "Your singing is like perfect."

Once I was done I started to talk about how I was moving back to LA and how it was going with my modeling career and how I became the new face for big designer brands and how they loved me.

20 minutes later people were saying gauge had his 1st modeling career and that he was moving to LA as well. I froze as I haven't heard from or even heard anyone say his name in awhile.

One comment said "are you okay? You know it's been 4 years since you two broke up, haven't you moved on yet?" This one was the most sincere question I've ever gotten in these 4 years.

"Well uh... I wouldn't say it's gotten any better for me to get over Gauge because he was the love of my life. It's kinda like that TikTok that's pretty popular from The Aristocats, you know how Thomas says "your eyes are like sapphire gee. That's pretty corny though huh?" Well I guess you could say he was like my sapphire, and I made the choice to lose him, even though he did wrong... even though I did wrong.
I truly did love him with all my heart and the fact that we both did each other wrong I still love him, everyday it gets harder for me to even live with the fact that we're no longer to soulmates. Ugh! Enough with this sappy shit, even if he does find out I still am willing to be with him because of one of you, I swear I'll lose it if he says yes and I'll lose it if he says no as well.

Then by the end of the live I decided I'd start packing up stuff in boxes and until I got a call.

*Apple ringtone*

I cleared my throat as I answered the phone. "Hello?" I said out fo breath as I cleared out the kitchen completely, packing all my utensils, pots and pans.

"Zoe, Hi it's Gauge." He spoke as I held my breath and exhaled slowly. "Uh heh hey Gauge, I heard you were moving to LA, I'm happy for you. Oh also congrats on your modeling contract." I said as I was relived and a bit nervous.
"Oh yeah you heard I'm glad, heh, but uh do you wanna hang out?" He asked as he didn't know I wasn't even in New York anymore. "Oh Atticus..." I clicked my tongue "if only you knew were I am right now." I said as he stayed silent. "I know were you are love." He said sighing as he chuckled in the background. "Well I'm not sure we can because I'm across sea." I said as I sighed and leaned my hand against my neck.

"I know so why don't you open your door?" He said his voice shaky. "Haha you couldn't have possibly come over seas if you moving." I said as I got up and opened my door to see him standing there with his phone to his ear and a smile on his lips that I once had kissed so many times.

"Gauge?" I asked as he fully smiled "yeah I'm here really." He said as he pulled me into a deep hug. "Ohmygod Gauge! I can't believe your here!" I said as I hugged him back letting my tears stream down my warm light dusted cheeks. "Awe Zoe don't cry love, I'm here now don't cry!" He said as he kissed my temple. "I know it's just I fucking missed you so much and now that your here I can't believe it." I said as I put my head in the crook of his neck.