Rainy new york

A/n: hey how're you? 💙

I sat in the make up chair as I was only in the silk red robe my manager Megan gave me as a gift of welcoming me back into modeling. "Okay Zoe, we're done." She said her beautiful greener hazel eyes looked over my make up as she smiled at me.

"Thank you Megan." I said as I hugged her taking out the rollers in my hair as she got my shoot outfit ready for me to wear. "Your hair looks dead gorgeous." She replied as she left me to change.

I grabbed the white satin thigh high boots with a little heel as I pulled on my my white satin shorts along with my patterned brown accented flowers splashed on a white satin shirt.

"Zoe you ready?" Megan called as I light a cigarette ruffling my hair a bit so it didn't look so perfect, like that bed head vibe almost. "Yeah." I said as I toke a couple drags out of my cigarette. "Zoe you look... you look amazing!" She said as she grabbed my cigarette and put it out. "No no cigarettes." She said she was always like a mom to me.

——

"Give me sexy!" The photographer yelled as I was too gloomy. "Give me sassy." He said as he captured my almost every mood. "Okay good now give me your best bored look." He said as he snapped a picture of me. "Merci!" He said as his lips pulled in concentration as he looked through the pictures.

—-
"Zoe. So where are you going now?" Megan asked me as I was walking down the street from the studio. "Oh I'm going home." I said as I needed to change unit street clothes as I pulled my cigarettes out. "Okay, well you have a meeting with Vogue at 7 tomorrow don't forget!" She shouted as I walked and waved her off. "Vogue meeting at 7." I murmured as I took a drag of my cigarette. "Zoe?" I heard someone say, probably a fan. "Yeah who's asking?" I said as I continued to walk.

"Oh don't act like you don't know me?" The guy said as he took my cigarette away from me, making me look up at him. "Neal?! What're you doing here?" I replied as I was shocked. "Oh they uh moved me back to New York, guess I'm better off in New York than LA. I see your a model now?" He said handing me hand my cigarette. "How can you smoke those?" He replied as he made a concerned face. "It's easy, yeah I've was a model before I dated you surprised you never knew. Well nice catching up but I gotta go." I said as I kissed his cheek and walked off, my light tan coat hanging in my shoulders as it went as far of the back of my thighs.

——
As soon as I entered my apartment I was meet with my beautiful girl marley, my calico cat.

"Hey babygirl, what've you been up to huh?" I said as I took my coat off getting a small meow in response. "Oh sounds exciting." I say as I pour her some food and give her some water.

"Okay well mummy's gonna go shower and then I'll come play with you in a bit." I say as I make my way towards my bedroom. Taking off my boots and outfit. I turn in my speaker as I play Lana Del Reys new album I've been obsessed with for awhile.

I miss Long Beach and I miss you, babe.

I miss dancing with you the most of all. I miss the bar where The Beach Boys would go most of all.

We didn't know we had it all.
But nobody warns you before the fall
And I'm wasted
Don't leave I just need a wake up call.

My eyes pricked with tears as I wondered what he was up to.

I guess that I'm burned out after
all.

I got out of the shower as I scrunched out all the excess water from my hair. The curls still evident in my hair after my quick shower.

"Hi you." I said happily as I saw her waiting for me on my bed her eyes thin as she looked sleepy. "Okay well guess I'm gonna watch some television." I said as I walked towards the living room.

I closed my curtains but not before I saw the rain pouring down really hard. "Might as well order in then as I grabbed my phone and ordered some pasta.

Ding* Ding*
Gauge 🥺👉🏻👈🏻
Hey how're you?
Your pretty famous in LA Zoe.
I'm gonna be visiting Thalia maybe I should come see you?
Let me know. ☺️

I read over my texts as I smiled and replied yeah come visit me I need to introduce you to someone. I said with a small winking emoji. The food came and I signed for it as I placed it on the light wood table in the kitchen. "Mmh." I licked my lips in anticipation for the light pasta to be inside my mouth already.

Turning on the television the screen returned to the movie I was watching last night before my shoot today. "Elio! Oliver!" The television produced the sound of the movie and I giggled as I elio had tripped on going up the hill. Grabbing my to-go container I waked over onto the couch and ate my pasta as I watched the film.

———-
Probably ended up falling asleep as I saw the television turned off and marley by my legs asleep as I saw it was 3am and decided I'd pick her up and take her into bed with me. "Come my sweet girl." I said as I petted her when we made it to my cool bed.

The air feeling kinda humid as the rain mixed with the hot air outside.
"Meow." She purred as I pet her, her small figure breathing at her normal rate as she laid down by my head on the other pillow. I closed my eyes as sleep toke over my mind.