Why u gotta be like that?

A/n: hope you guys enjoy this, the next chapters will be posted on Wednesday and Friday.

After our love making session, things began to change. Gauge seemed to be more distant and more caught up in his career.

"Hey Gauge, I'm gonna head out do you want anything?" I asked as I was heading out to buy some groceries. "No." He said coldly as his gaze never left his computer. "Okay then..." I trailed off as I put in my AirPod and walked towards the car and drove to the store.

"Okay so milk, ice cream, bacon, apples, oatmeal, cookies, and bread." I mumbled as I walked towards the aisles. "Oh I'm so sorry." I said as I bumped into someone on accident. "Oh it's okay." The young man spoke, I couldn't help but stare into his eyes as he was good looking. "H-hi I'm Zoe." I said as I put my basket down and put my hand out to shake his hand. "Hi Zoe, I'm Joe, Joe Goldberg." (If you know who this is I'm so happy you do and he'll be a temporary character in here.)

"Oh well hello." I said as I picked up my basket. "So you new around here in the LA area?" Joe asked as we walked together as I grabbed what I needed. "Uh yeah, me and my Uh now distant roommate." I said as I grabbed a box of oatmeal. "Mm I understand, I'm in LA for a bit not to stay hopefully." He said chuckling as his smile showed his bright spirit. "Haha, I get you, hey I know this is probably really awkward and all but do you wanna have dinner sometime?" My British accent really coming out in my sentence as my American one faded. "Holy shit, your British?" He said surprised at the sudden change in my voice. "Uh yeah, I'm part English and part Hispanic." I said as I giggled and explained more about how and why I choose to use my American accent. "And about that dinner, I'll text you whenever I have time." He said as I was putting things in their bags and all. "Yeah for sure, just text me." I said as I waved and hugged him goodbye, feeling content with how I met someone so sweet.

——
"I'm back!" I shouted as I closed the door with my foot. "Uh huh, in here." Gauge yelled back as I heard his voice in the living room still. "Seriously? You can't help me?" I said annoyed as I do everything around here and started to put away the groceries as I heard my phone buzz. "Awe he's such a cutie." I said as I looked over the message again.

I'll definitely take you up on that dinner, since I don't have anything to eat. 😔

"Zoe?" Gauge asked as I was smiling like a complete idiot. "Hmm?" I said humming at the thought of having dinner. "What're you talking about?" He said as he now suddenly wants to be loving and caring. "I'm having dinner with someone." I said as I wiggles out of his grip. "With who?" He asked curiously as he grabbed some pizza rolls from the freezer.

"Uh with a friend I met today." I said as I walked around gauge to put away the cookies in the cupboard. "Oh. Well do you want me to leave or something whenever he/she gets here?" He said as I could tell he was unsettled by this. "No that won't be needed." I said as I went into the living room to watch Netflix.

——
"Hey Joe!" I said hugging him as he entered the apartment. "Wow, I'll say this apartments quite nice." He said as he looked around. "Yeah it is counting I'm the one who decorated it." I said as my accent wasn't as hoarse as it was in the store.

Gauge didn't know I was part English because I always used my American accent on him. "Wow, that's really cool, maybe someday you could help me." He said jokingly as I told him dinner was ready soon. "Here down straight and turn left and there's the kitchen area, partly dining area?" I said as I didn't know how to explain it. He just laughed and said it was okay if  I didn't know how to explain it. "Well anyways uh I'll see you in there in a bit." I said as I walked towards the bedrooms and walked into Gauges room. "Hey." I said I knocked on the door. "Hmm?" He said sounding upset. "Look I know we're only friends but I really think you need to be more supportive of me. And you need to loosen up a bit as well." I said as I hugged gauge and left.

"Sorry I had to tell my roommate something." I said as I got the dinner ready. "So..." I said starting off awkward was never my thing. "So." He said confidently as we I mean he broke the ice.

—-
By the end of the night he had left and I cleaned up as I washed the dishes and put them away. I had i great time and it was awesome to have someone new come and enter your life.

Gauge didn't speak a word to me whenever I saw him come out of his room to go get something to eat I guess. We just looked at each other and stood there awkwardly and I opened my door to say goodnight.

It was just odd between us, I don't know why he was being so cold but I wanted to figure it out.