Online love

A/n: this chapter might be short not sure, but this one actually a means a lot to me in this moment in time because this small little dialogue part means so much.

I walked into my favorite small coffee shop and ordered a small ice coffee counting I was meeting my boyfriend on his break. "Zoe, hi baby." He said in a huffed tone.
"Neal did you really run all the way here?" I said as I got out of my chair to hug him.

My phone dinged as I got a message from someone I haven't heard from in awhile. Gauge.

I opened my phone as Neal was getting his coffee, I looked over the message.

Glad to see you've moved on Zoe. I know your gonna have to come over to our apartment later to grab the last of your belongings because you've been looking for an apartment but we should meet up before you do come over.

As I stare at my screen shining blue and green.

I typed back sure why not. The iMessage bubble sent and I closed my phone as I got my coffee and started to walk around as Neal and I held hands. "Okay well I gotta get back honey. See you tonight for dinner?" He questioned as he let go of my hand. "Uh actually I gotta meet someone, but sure why not make dinner and I'll meet you back at home?" I said as my small smile widened when he blew me a kiss and walked back to work.

——
"Hi gauge, how're things going with your uh modeling?" I said as he helped me pack my boxes into my car. "Oh uh it's been great. Been doing a lot of runway walks." He said as he smiled and asked me the question I was kinda dreading to answer. "Sooo how'd you meet Mr. Wonderful?" He chuckled as my cheeks heated up with a deep crimson dust. "Oh you mean Neal, well I meet him when me and Jazzy were walking into a store and the F.B.I was there so me being curious I asked what was going on since it was out of the ordinary for the F.B.I. to be there. Then Neal's partner Peter, said to Neal to explain what was happening and I guess Neal just thought I was cute and good looking and he started to flirt with me as peter came over and said "Neal, come on we have a led on the guy." He then said he'd text me and well we just hit it off." I said as it was quite a long story.

"Oh, wow... uh can I ask something kinda tmi though?" He asked as he was begging to know the answer. "Uh sure..." I said confused as to what he was gonna ask me. "What's your sex life like? Uh you know with Neal?" He said as he loaded the last box in. "Oh uh it's fine, you know we rarely ever get the chance sometimes because of a case but he's gentle and he's a cuddler. He's always up for cuddles and he drinkers wine with me and just the life I didn't know I wanted." I said as I got a call. "Hold on." I said walking away. "Hello." I spoke into the phone. "Hey Zoe, looks like I'm gonna be working late tonight so ask June to make you some dinner. I'm so sorry babygirl, it's just we're really trying to close this case." He spoke as he sounded like he was in a hurry and in the background Peter was calling for him. "I'll be in probably around 9 or 10 at the latest don't wait up for me tonight." He spoke as he said a quick goodbye and hung up.

"I guess I'm not in a hurry." I mumbled as I walked back over to Gauge. "Soo what did he say?" Gauge asked concerned. "Oh he's gotta work late but I'll be fine I'll just be setting up my apartment or the mean time." I said as I got into my car, starting it I pulled out of the drive way and drive off.

——
"Neal... Neal... Neal... mine." I said as I sorted through our mail. I looked up to see his coat was on the floor. "My god I know your an F.B.I consultant but you could pick up Neal." I mumbled as I picked up his coat and layer it over the couch and put my book bag down on the table only to see scattered papers all over the table. "Okay fine. We'll play this way then Caffrey." I mumbled as I stacked the papers together and put the file in his bag.

"Neal, you home?" I shouted as he was probably upstairs in the bedroom. "Uh yeah just working come on up." He shouted back, his voice tense and concentrated.
Walking up to the bedroom I saw his tall frame leaned over as his elbow was perched up and his head laid on it. His chocolate honey colored hair relaxed as he probably showered. "Hey honey, need any help?" I asked as I hugged him from behind. "Uh no not right now babe." He said his brows furrowed and his eyes looking over papers. "Okay well if you need me I'll be in the kitchen." I said as I walked to our closet and grabbed a pair of matching shorts and shirt along with my underwear and socks.

After my shower I went into the kitchen were I saw Mozzie, Neals long term pal helping Neal with his case. "Oh hey Zoe." He said waving a little and going back to help Neal. "Hi." I said back but went upstairs to eat my sandwich and brushed my teeth as I laid in bed and a single tear slid down my cheek. "Zoe?" Neal spoke his dressed in his stripped button up and his black vest with his trousers. "Hmm?" I said as I stayed still. "I know it's hard whenever I'm doing cases like this but I know you understand I can't fix it." He spoke as he told me he'd do the rest with mozzie tomorrow night and just cuddle with me as we sleep.