Let the Battles begin

The day has come. The Sports Festival has arrived. (Y/n) and her classmates were waiting for the announcement in the waiting room. (Y/n) was leaning onto the wall with her arms crossed.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Kirishima called out. (Y/n) gave him a small hum as she directed her attention to the red haired boy.

"You seem distant since this morning. What's on your mind?"

"Nothing really. I'm just a little nervous about this event." Kirishima placed a hand on her shoulder as he gave her a toothy grin.

"Don't worry. We're also nervous. A lot of pros and spectators are watching this event. I'm gonna root for you, (Y/n)!" He said this as he gave out a bright smile towards the girl in front of him.

'Too bright...'

"Thanks, Kirishima. That really helped me." (Y/n) smiled at him as he felt his heart nearly exploded. He turned his gaze away from her to prevent her from seeing his blush.

'Too sweet...'

Little that they knew, lots of eyes were watching the two, some were jealous, some had an uneasy feeling and some were unsure.

Her classmates were talking as Todoroki suddenly approached Midoriya.

"Ah! Todoroki-kun!"

"Midoriya." Todoroki stared at the green haired boy in front of him. He then begun speaking.

"Looking at things objectively, I'm stronger than you..." Midoriya clenched his fist as Todoroki continued. "But... All Might has his eyes on you, doesn't he? I'm trying to pry on you, but I'm still going to beat you."

This made (Y/n) feel uneasy because of this. She stood away from the wall as Midoriya spoke up.

"Wait! Todoroki-kun! Everyone here is going to do their best! I'm not going to compete with you based on quirk alone. I'm not going to back down from your challenge." Todoroki said nothing.

"And you, (L/n)." He turned towards you as everyone followed. You were taken aback by his tone, but you just stood there, with an unreadable expression.

"You are strong... Stronger than what you appear. Nonetheless, I'm still going to beat you." He said as he glared at you. You didn't blink at this as you just stared back at him, noticing his sudden change.

Kirishima stepped in, trying to calm you and Todoroki to lessen the tense atmosphere between the two of you.

"Oi, oi. Let's not start a fight before the games. Cone on guys, we're friends."

"I'm not here to make friends." This hurt Todoroki inside. (Y/n) did too but she quickly dismissed this feeling.

"Then don't hold back. Cause I'm not holding back, Todoroki." (Y/n) said as she walked away from everyone. Everyone was dead silent as they've noticed her quick change during the exchange.

"May the best person wins this event." (Y/n) said as she didn't look back at her classmates. Just then, a loud voice snapped them out of their daze.

"HEY! PAY ATTENTION!" Present Mic's voice rang out. "The UA SPORTS FESTIVAL IS ABOUT TO START! Everyone... ARE YOU READY?!!" Screams of excitement can be heard as everyone got ready to walk in to the stadium.