Return

(Y/n) slipped on her shoes as she fixed her uniform. She then packed up her stuff as she heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in..." the door slid open as she saw Rocket entering the room. 

"Hey kid. Heard that you were discharged, so I wanted to see how you're holding up." Rocket said in a surprisingly soft tone.

"I'm fine... Just need to packed up and head to my friends. How's Uncle Scott and Aunt Hope?" she asked as she close her bag.

"Scott's gonna have to stay here for a while. That spike got him so he needs to stay here until he heals up and get discharged. Hope is gonna stay here to look after him. She's fine but she had to report this to your family." Rocket explained.

"Thank the stars that they're fine..." she sighed in relief as she placed her hand on her chest before turning to him.

"What about you?"

"Your aunt talked to me via hologram. She says that she has to do something important before heading here. Told me to keep an eye on you until she gets back here or when Quill and the others picks me up, which ever comes first. Also told about my presence to the principal because of this 'sudden bodyguard' favor."

"Typical..."

"Yeah. But I got nothing to do back at the Milano, other than to annoy Quill. But since I'm interested in where you study, I decided to give it a shot." Rocket shrugged his shoulders.

"Fine... But don't point your gun at my friends."

"I promise..." 

"I know your fingers are crossed behind your back..." (Y/n) said, rolling her eyes.

"Damn it." Rocket muttered as he sighed in defeat. (Y/n) chuckled as she checked her bag as she slid on the straps onto her shoulders.

"Oh, I forgot... Someone's here to see you." Rocket said, causing (Y/n) to raise an eyebrow, suspicious about the person. Rocket motioned his hand as a smile crept onto (Y/n)'s face.

"I am Groot." a small baby Groot greeted as Rocket hoisted him from the ground and handed him to (Y/n).

"Good to see you again, Groot." (Y/n) pecked baby Groot's cheek as baby Groot smiled. Baby Groot hopped off from her hands as he landed on her shoulder and sat down.

"Come on, let's go visit Scott and Hope before we leave with your... friends." Rocket suggested as (Y/n) and Baby Groot nodded, heading out of the hospital room.

________________________________________________________________________________

"(N/n)!! You're okay!!" Scott cried as Hope patted his back. Hope turned to (Y/n) as she gave her a smile.

"I'm so glad that we managed to rescue you and that little girl Eri, (Y/n). I'm glad we saved the two of you from that horrible place." Hope said as Scott leaned on to her, still crying.

"Thank you, Aunt Hope, Uncle Scott, Rocket." (Y/n) bowed as the three smiled. Baby Groot was hanging onto to her as he played with (Y/n)'s hair.

"So, how's Cassie?" (Y/n) asked as Scott finally calmed down, rubbing the tears from his eyes as he faced her.

"She's doing fine. Hope and I are training her while she's studying to become a pro hero as well. I'm so proud of my Peanut..." Scott clenched his fist as proud tears streamed down from his eyes. 

"Ok... What about the others?" (Y/n) asked as energy emitted from her hand, instantly catching a falling Baby Groot as she placed him back on her shoulder, who resumed playing with her hair.