02 ⊳ HOUSE OF INITIATIONS.

DENOUEMENT
ii. house of initiations
❝LOOKS LIKE OUR BOY'S GOT GAME.❞

THE NEXT MORNING, Sydney let out a small yawn as she woke up – for once, she hadn't had a nightmare, and she felt more refreshed than ever as her eyes slowly adjusting to the natural light that had flooded the room as she noticed the lack of noise...

THE NEXT MORNING, Sydney let out a small yawn as she woke up – for once, she hadn't had a nightmare, and she felt more refreshed than ever as her eyes slowly adjusting to the natural light that had flooded the room as she noticed the lack of noise and warmth around her, causing her to glance around and notice the lack of Jerome and Alfie's presence, so the blonde hastily stood up to her feet and changed into her uniform before they returned, and just as the girl placed the tie around her neck, leaving it untied, she heard familiar voices get very close to the door, managing to hear the end of Jerome and Alfie's conversation as the former opened the door, looking exasperated, and Sydney soon found out why.

"Why won't you just admit that you like her, dude?!" Alfie questioned as he trailed behind Jerome, who was shaking his head whilst Sydney sat back down on Jerome's bed, grabbing her hairbrush out of her bag and brushing her hair with it.

At that, Sydney tilted her head in confusion and spoke up, asking, "Who likes who?"

At her sudden voice interrupting their conversation, the two of them jumped as they hadn't expected her to be awake yet, but then let out a sigh of relief at seeing it was her, with Jerome putting his hand on his chest, "You scared me."

"Aw, didums." Sydney responded with a smirk on her lips, causing Jerome to roll his eyes at the girl, but with a grin on his lips, before she continued, "So, what were you talking about?"

At the reminder of the topic, Jerome let out a groan, shaking his head once again as he revealed, "Alfie is talking about the rumour again."

Like her fellow blonde, Sydney also let out a groan, putting her hairbrush into her bag as she did so, "Let it go, Alfie. How many times do we have to tell you that it's just a rumour, and that's all?"

Alfie shook his head, not believing that his two blonde best friends were just friends and didn't have a crush on one another, but decided to drop the topic as he knew they wouldn't reveal anything – after all, he'd been trying for a few years now.

And with the conversation dropped, Sydney decided to continue getting ready, applying a little bit of concealer and mascara whilst Jerome and Alfie watched her in confusion as they had never understood makeup – however, it was rather distracting, with Alfie almost screeching as she brought the mascara wand close to her eye, thinking that she was going to poke herself in the eye with it.

Knowing that she would actually poke herself in the eye if they continued to distract her, Sydney shook her head at her friends as she told them, "You two can go along to breakfast if you want, I'll just go brush my teeth."