13 ⊳ HOUSE OF SCARES.

DENOUEMENT
xiii. house of emergency
❝I AM NOT A PART OF THIS ANYMORE.❞

"SARAH DEFINITELY RECOGNISED Victor - it was terrifying; she was so scared of him

"SARAH DEFINITELY RECOGNISED Victor - it was terrifying; she was so scared of him. She-." Nina informed the group as they sat around the dining table, though she cut herself off as she glanced around the room, making sure that nobody was around before her voice fell into a whisper and she continued, "-she said he killed them."

At the announcement, everyone let out a loud gasp as their eyes widened significantly, shock filling all their beings - it was weird to think of Victor Rodenmaar, their housekeeper, having killed people; it was also very concerning that the man who was meant to guard them had killed people, and also that he worked in a school. None of them wanted to believe it - they'd lived with the man for so long.

Fabian quickly asked, "Her parents?"

"Well, I think that's who she meant, because, after that, she started singing this lullaby and it all got very weird." Nina told them, shaking her head at the reminder - apparently, Sarah was quite odd most of the time anyways and didn't normally make a lot of sense, so that wasn't much of a surprise.

"This entire thing is weird." Sydney pointed out, knowing that none of what they were going through was normal.

"It's just too creepy to even think - Victor alive when Sarah was a little girl." Fabian stated - the entire thing had made his brain turn into a very complicated maze, and that was the same with most other people in the group - it was so peculiar and weird, and nothing made sense.

"Yeah, like it's not bad enough he's alive now." Nina added, whilst everyone shook their head - it couldn't process fully through their mind.

"Did she mention anything about the elixir?" The nerd inquired, seeing that the elixir was the entire reason the American had gone to visit the elderly woman as none of them knew what they were meant to do with the elixir and hoped that she'd give them a clue.

However, Nina shook her head as she told them, "Not really - just the same thing about tipping the 'scales of life'. What does that mean? What could-." As their housekeeper entered the room, Nina cut herself off and picked up the breakfast muffin on her plate, pretending as though she was talking about that as she continued, "-Be more delicious than this muffin!"

"Shouldn't you be getting to school?" Victor questioned them, which made all of them quickly shoot up from their seats and rush to leave the dining room, going to their own separate rooms to grab their bags.

However, as Sydney and Patricia passed Mick, who was dressed in his athletic wear, he turned to them and told them, "Tell Mara to get a move on."