14 ⊳ HOUSE OF REUNION.

DENOUEMENT
xiv. house of reunion
❝EVEN THOUGH HER LIFE WASN'T PERFECT, IT TRULY FELT LIKE IT IN THAT MOMENT.❞

"CLEANING FLUID?" AMBER Millington repeated the words that their housekeeper had just told them, with him having said that the test results came back saying that their friend had drank cleaning fluid, although that was rather confusing, and Amber ...

"CLEANING FLUID?" AMBER Millington repeated the words that their housekeeper had just told them, with him having said that the test results came back saying that their friend had drank cleaning fluid, although that was rather confusing, and Amber clearly thought that as well as she continued, repeating once again, "Alfie drank cleaning fluid?"

"That is what the hospital said." Victor confirmed to them, not straying from his story and thus causing Sydney to subtly roll her eyes – none of them, except maybe Jerome, believed that, as the ones who didn't believe his story knew that the liquid had been taken from the cellar, and was thought to be the elixir of life.

Considering that lots of people didn't believe the story, Sydney wasn't the only one who let out a scoff, with Patricia Williamson doing the same, with an extra addition of mumbling under her breath, "Yeah, right."

However, she was clearly not as quiet as she had expected herself to be, as the housekeeper soon spoke up once again, having heard what she had said and thus questioning the purple-haired female, saying, "Perhaps you would care to enlighten us on exactly what you think was in that bottle, Miss Williamson?"

"Pass." Patricia simply stated, clearly not giving him the answer that he desired as he soon let out a small grumble, a scowl on his lips whilst he turned and left the dining room, having nothing else to say and thus presumably retreating to his office.

As he left, the complete opposite of him entered – Trudy Rehmaan, who literally carried an aura of delight around with her, and instantly the mood lightened as she entered a room; it was either her, or the grin that had appeared on Jerome's lips as he turned to their housemother.

"Trudy-kins, how are you today?" Jerome asked the housemother, a smile on his lips as he turned to her – however, his oddly pleasant and positive behaviour let everyone in the room aware that he wanted something, especially with the addition of the nickname he had given her; nobody ever called Trudy 'Trudy-kins'.

Considering that the boy was blatantly after something and that everyone had recognised that, including Trudy, the housemother turned to him and told him, "Old enough and wise enough to know when you want something, Jerome - out with it."

"Well, you know how Alfie and Sydney and me are best mates, yeah? And now he's in a hospital bed, probably bored to death with no-one to talk to, except old men with hacking coughs and bad breath." Jerome began, pausing for a second before he rushed out the statement that told her what he wanted, saying, "We want the day off to go and visit him."