11 ⊳ HOUSE OF CAMERAS.

DENOUEMENT
xi. house of cameras
❝JOKES ARE MEANT TO BE FUNNY. I DON'T FIND THIS FUNNY.❞

TRUDY REHMANN WAS leaving Anubis House

Those were words that Sydney Anderson never thought she'd hear during her time spent there, nor did she want to hear them; she loathed those words, almost as much as she loathed Victor Rodenmaar – which, at that moment in time, was a lot.

It was odd to even think of Anubis House without Trudy Rehmann – she was the ray of sunshine that the house needed, and the female prankster didn't know if she'd manage to make it without her. Afterall, Trudy was the one they always went to for help, Trudy was the one they knew they could trust, Trudy was the one who cooked, cleaned, and did the laundry, Trudy was the one who made them smile in the morning with her constantly cheerful attitude.

Well, it didn't exactly seem so constant anymore.

As she stepped into the room, sliding her coat over her shoulders, a frown had settled onto her lips – a very sharp contrast to what the Anubis House residents were used to – and as soon as Sydney Anderson laid her eyes on the devastated expression on their housemother's face, she almost burst into tears and had to suppress them, distracting herself by leaning further into Jerome Clarke, his arm around her shoulder with a frown on his own lips – nobody was happy with losing their housemother. Sydney didn't even want to think about it – what life would have been like at Anubis House without Trudy – it seemed odd to think of the place not having her, and it only made the tears harder to keep back. Although, Sydney hated crying, especially in front of people.

However, everyone knew that Sydney Anderson was probably one of the closest people out of all the Anubis House residents to the woman, and thus they wouldn't have been surprised if she had begun to cry at this news. Due to her helpfulness and kindness, Sydney had constantly found herself helping out Trudy, whether it was transferring dishes from the kitchen to the dining room (or vice-versa), or helping her to cook, or helping her with the laundry – the thought of not doing that with her anymore was weird to Sydney.

"Trudy, we're really sorry." Fabian told her; the man had been trying to suppress his sadness and anger towards their housekeeper, but he was rather bad at hiding it, and the sad expression and the tears stinging his eyes were easy to see.

"We didn't mean to get you into trouble - honestly, we didn't." Nina informed her, feeling guilty that their quest had now led to one of their favourite and most trustworthy people to being fired, their life flipped upside down in a matter of seconds.

"I know. It's my own fault for believing your silly stories." Trudy responded, brushing past the two and closer to the front door, and her statement caused the female prankster to try to hide herself further into the boy who had his arms around her – upon noticing this, he pulled her in front of him and wrapped both of his arms around her, back hugging her and resting his head on her shoulder, so she knew he was always there.