42 ⊳ HOUSE OF HELP.

DENOUEMENT
xlii. house of help
❝WE HAVE TO DO THIS TOGETHER.❞

RAYS OF SUN streamed in through the curtains that morning, and if pathetic fallacy was something that actually existed in real life and the weather was able to foreshadow to people about how their days were going to plan out, then the weather that...

RAYS OF SUN streamed in through the curtains that morning, and if pathetic fallacy was something that actually existed in real life and the weather was able to foreshadow to people about how their days were going to plan out, then the weather that day would have suggested that the day ahead of Sydney Anderson was going to be absolutely perfect. Unfortunately for Sydney Anderson, she constantly mixed up pathetic fallacy and personification (that was what happened when she zoned out during her English lessons), and subsequently, pathetic fallacy didn't exactly work for her. Instead of being the perfect day that one may have assumed it being due to the weather, the female prankster was completely shaken after her sleep had been interrupted, her being woken up by the fact by a spirit that placed a curse upon her and her friends and thus put their lives at risk - it wasn't particularly a great way to wake up, and not a single one of the three roommates had managed to fall back asleep after the incident, simply staying awake, trying to process the information that they were now cursed, and talking about their worries until it was time to face the rest of the residents of Anubis House, and then the students/teachers at Amun Boarding School. Although, they soon encountered another issue.

Yeah, it was safe to say that pathetic fallacy really was not occurring that day for Sydney Anderson.

Their next issue also stemmed from the Mark of Anubis that they had been given in the night, as the three girls knew that absolutely nobody could see the new marks that had suddenly appeared overnight and tainted their skin. Due to that, they had to find a way to cover up the black mark on their skin, which proved to be significantly harder for Amber Millington, whose mark was very much visible when it was on her ankle, and that was why Nina Martin had begun rifling through her drawers whilst Sydney Anderson (whose mark was on her thigh, so was much less visible) comforted her fellow blonde.

"I don't know who I'm more scared of - the spirit, or my dad." Amber Millington informed them, her worried eyes locked on her newly marked ankle whilst her prankster roommate (also being newly marked by the spirit) had an arm slung around the fashionista's shoulders in an attempt to comfort her, though her eyebrows furrowed at the odd statement that came from her friend's lips.

"...I'd say the spirit - you know, the one who is actually threatening to kill us." Sydney told her, knowing that the two of them and whoever else was marked (the female prankster didn't lack basic intelligence - maybe educational intelligence, but not basic intelligence - so she was fully aware that there was a high chance that the spirit had also cursed both Alfie Lewis and Patricia Williamson too, and now all of them were cursed, though she hoped that they weren't as the three roommates hadn't seen the other two previously un-marked members of the club, and hadn't encountered Fabian Rutter either) were probably able to hide the mark from their parents/guardians for some time until they returned home after the term had finished, but it was much harder to hide from the spirit who continually threatened to kill them and had proved she had the power to do so.