08 ⊳ HOUSE OF CONFRONTATION.

DENOUEMENT
viii. house of confrontation
❝THIS IS A CULT; I'VE LITERALLY GOTTEN MYSELF INVOLVED IN A CULT.❞

"KNOCK, KNOCK!"

"KNOCK, KNOCK!"

UPON hearing the familiar words, Jerome and Sydney stopped their conversation and turned their heads to face their friend, wondering what his joke was. The trio of pranksters were in the history classroom among other students, it being filled with chatter as everyone waited for their teacher to arrive, and thus Jerome and Alfie were in their own seats, whilst Sydney sat atop their desk.

With a humongous smile on her lips, the blonde-haired girl playfully rolled her eyes, deciding to go along with the joke as she asked the boy, "Who's there?"

"Control freak." The boy answered, already beginning to chuckle at his own joke with a grin on his lips, which informed Sydney that her friend thought that his joke was legendary and that he'd be very deflated if they didn't like it.

"Contr-." Sydney began, continuing the infamous knock, knock joke and following the 'rules' of it, but then her eyes narrowed as the boy cut her off, interrupting her.

"Okay, now you say, 'Control freak who?'"

At that, Jerome let out a small scoff, shaking his head at the boy, whilst Sydney's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, not understanding the joke for a few seconds before she realised – Alfie was being a control freak by telling her what to say. Upon realising, the blonde-haired girl chuckled, playfully slapping the boy's arm.

"That was terrible, mate." Jerome informed him, shaking his head until he lifted his head up upon hearing Mick and Amber walking into the classroom whilst talking about having a picnic date, causing the prankster to smirk as he teased the boy beside him, who still had a crush on resident rich girl, Amber Millington, "Poor, Alfie. Operation Amber is definitely no picnic."

In response, Alfie slammed his head down on his desk, the smile he had on his face mere moments ago now being wiped away due to the defeat he felt, meanwhile Sydney leant over and flicked Jerome in the forehead, shaking her head at him.

"Okay, settle down, everyone please." Mr Winkler called out as entered the classroom, his presence immediately being felt as everyone quieted down and sat into their seats, with Sydney quickly slipping off the table and going into her seat, "Right, let's talk Prospective Parents' Day, shall we? Seeing as there's been such a poor show of volunteers, I've decided to allocate you your tasks myself." Everyone let out a groan, nobody wanting to help out on the day, "I think you'll all find I've catered to your academic strengths."

"That's Mick doing nothing, then." Jerome commented, leaning back into his chair smugly as everyone let out a laugh at his joke, whilst the jock sent a glare towards the prankster.