18 ⊳ HOUSE OF RENDEZVOUS.

DENOUEMENT
xviii. house of rendezvous
❝LIVE ON THE WILD SIDE A LITTLE.❞

SYDNEY AND FABIAN (a very unlikely duo) found themselves going into Nina's and Amber's bedroom, twisting the doorknob and opening the door, although their eyes narrowed upon seeing it empty

SYDNEY AND FABIAN (a very unlikely duo) found themselves going into Nina's and Amber's bedroom, twisting the doorknob and opening the door, although their eyes narrowed upon seeing it empty. It had been quite some time now, and it was odd that neither of the girls had returned yet - surely the clearing in the woods wasn't that far away, so it was rather peculiar that they hadn't returned and that they hadn't heard from either of the girls. Although, Sydney was pretty sure Amber had told her about how she'd gone over her limit for the month by trying to vote for a contestant on Celebrity Pop Factor - they didn't even win.

"I thought they would have been back by now; surely it doesn't take that long..." Sydney murmured, mainly to herself, as she walked further into the room and glanced around it, trying to see if there was any sign of them having returned, whilst Fabian turned to the girl in confusion.

"Where did they go?" He questioned, with worry written all over his face, and, after the information he had just acquired whilst he was back at the school, he had every right to be worried.

Not seeing much of a big deal about it, Sydney picked up the card with the secret message in that must have fallen onto the floor earlier, showing it to Fabian as she told him, "They went to see if Patricia was anywhere near where she was meant to meet Joy last night – the clearing in the woods."

"Oh no." Fabian groaned, alerting the female prankster to know that it was a lot worse than she already knew, especially since he was rubbing his forehead in frustration, and as he noticed the confused look on the girl's face, he elaborated and explained his panic, "Patricia is with Rufus – I overheard the teachers talking about it back at the school; they said that he's dangerous. We need to find them."

"Maybe they're on their way back?" Sydney suggested, trying to help him to calm down and to think more rationally - afterall, they didn't want to rush out to the woods to find out the two girls were already back at Anubis House, "Call them."

Agreeing to the plan, Fabian quickly slid his phone out of his back pocket and rang his crush. Unfortunately, when Sydney peered over his shoulder, she saw that the contact name was just Nina, instead of it being 'crush' or 'love of my life' like she had been hoping - she would have most certainly used that to her advantage, and that was probably exactly why Fabian didn't have the contact name as that. However, things seem to become even more unfortunate when the pair soon heard a ringing coming from Nina's bed, causing Sydney to glance over to the source of the ringing and to lay her eyes on the girl's phone - of course.

"Are you joking me, Nina?" Sydney sighed, picking up the ringing phone and showing it to the boy in the room, who rolled his eyes upon seeing it.