41 ⊳ HOUSE OF PENDULUMS.

DENOUEMENT
xli. house of pendulums
❝I LOVE HIM.❞

BACK AND FORTH the pendulums constantly swung, the sharp edges piercing through the air in front of and behind Patricia Williamson, who stood on the middle of the bridge over the chasm as frozen as she was possibly able to, whilst the rest of the ...

BACK AND FORTH the pendulums constantly swung, the sharp edges piercing through the air in front of and behind Patricia Williamson, who stood on the middle of the bridge over the chasm as frozen as she was possibly able to, whilst the rest of the members of Sibuna watched the situation from a place of safety with widened and worried eyes as they realised that the purple-haired girl's safety was in immense danger. The slightest wrong move could have meant the loss of a life, as the girl would have literally been sliced in half, which was something that they definitely didn't want to happen. Thus, all of the members of the secret group began to give instructions to the girl in danger in an attempt to help her get back to safety.

"Okay, turn around, Patricia." Nina Martin advised, speaking cautiously as none of them exactly knew what the best move was - it was a dangerous game, and none of them knew how to play it; they just guessed and hoped they'd win, "Don't move, just turn around."

At the contradictory instructions, Sydney Anderson's eyebrows furrowed with confusion, and she wasn't the only one who was perplexed by such odd instructions, as Patricia Williamson spoke up, telling the American frustratedly and rather worriedly, "Nina, make sense!"

Despite the instructions not making much sense, the goth assumed what the girl had meant and began to very cautiously turn around, causing Alfie Lewis to instruct her, "Slowly, slowly, slowly."

"Okay, steady." Nina told her, considering that the purple-haired girl had to turn around, avoid the pendulums of doom, and also remain steady on the crocodile-shaped bridge so that she didn't fall down the chasm that presumably lead to a terrifying death - although, Patricia seemed to be doing quite well with dealing with it, slowly inching around and following their instructions, "Yeah, yeah."

"Go now." Alfie stated, all of them wanting the goth girl back to safety as soon as possible and thus trying to get her past the pendulums quickly.

"I can't go now!" Patricia protested, being petrified of the pendulums that were swinging right in front of her and threatening to end her life in what would have been presumably a very gruesome death.

"What about now?" Sydney Anderson quizzed practically straight after, not exactly being sure of when the girl was meant to go in order to ensure her safety and just saying whatever, because, in her mind, any suggestion (even extremely dumb ones like her's) were better than none.

Although, Fabian Rutter disagreed and quickly protested against the statement, telling the purple-haired girl not to follow through with it as he yelled out, "No, Patricia!"

"Okay, one, two, and then go." Nina offered another suggestion, wanting to have the purple-haired girl back on their side and safe as soon as possible - as anybody would have expected, it was extremely panic-inducing to see their friend having something that had the ability to cut them in half swinging back and forth in front of them, and it was also panic-inducing for the girl herself, who watched the death trap with wide eyes.