44 ⊳ HOUSE OF FRONTS.

DENOUEMENT
xliv. house of fronts
❝VERY INTIMATE.❞

IN HER LIFETIME, Sydney Anderson had experienced many times in which she had been a part of, or had caused, chaos - especially during her time at Amun Boarding School

IN HER LIFETIME, Sydney Anderson had experienced many times in which she had been a part of, or had caused, chaos - especially during her time at Amun Boarding School. Despite that, not once had the chaos been that she and her friends set off a wild goose (literally) inside of her school so that they could sneak into her head teacher's office in order to look inside of a suit of armour to find a stolen but very valuable gem for her friend's imprisoned father. Then again, the female prankster had found herself trying many new things over the past few days - facing her fear of death, breaking into a library, willingly entering a library, willingly listening to statistics for several hours, and now plotting with a goose in order to ransack her head teacher's office.

Out of everything that was just listed, why was the last one of those listed the most shocking one when breaking into a library was there?

Either way, perhaps relying on a wild goose chase to let them complete their plan of sneaking into their head teacher's office wasn't exactly the best idea - it literally had 'wild' in the name, and maybe that was how Sydney Anderson and Jerome Clarke had ended up in a dangerous situation, with their backs pressed against the door as it shook violently behind them, signifying that someone - presumably their head teacher - was clearly trying their hardest to get into the office that was a little bit of a mess due to the pieces of the suit of armour being scattered around the room.

Apparently, their presumption of the person behind the door being Mr Sweet was wrong, soon proven when the door opened a tiny bit and the face of Alfie Lewis popped around the corner, "Syd, Jerome? Mission accomplished?"

Glad that they weren't about to be caught by their head teacher and that it was just their best friend, the blonde-haired boy let out a sigh of relief before he shook his head, informing the boy, "Negative."

"Have you ever seen those commercials where people screw up the simplest of tasks in the most idiotic fashion ever? Yeah, that's basically what's happened here." Sydney explained to the boy outside the door, giving him a bit of an idea about how bad the situation was and causing him to wince whilst the blonde-haired boy beside her nudged her playfully.

"Ouch." Alfie murmured.

"We need more time." Jerome informed the boy, who soon followed the demands and went to get the blonde pair a little bit more time as he shut the office door and began to run down the corridor once more in search for their head teacher, hopefully distracting him and stopping him from coming into the office for at least another few seconds.

Thus, that gave the pair of blonde pranksters a few more seconds to find the gem and also to fix the mess that was the suit of armour scattered across the floor, and the two of them hastily rushed forward in order to attempt to sort out the suit of armour first, knowing that one was more of a pressing issue, and the two of them grabbed different pieces of the suit of armour from the ground, beginning to put them together and assembling it despite having absolutely no clue how to assemble a suit of armour, and it didn't particularly help that simply a part of it was extremely heavy.