19 ⊳ HOUSE OF ARREST.

DENOUEMENT
xix. house of arrest
❝I'M PROUD OF YOU.❞

"JOY!" PATRICIA EXCLAIMED cheerfully, a humongous smile beaming on her lips as she rushed to the seat in front of the laptop, the rest of the group following and crowding around the seat – Amber was sat in the other chair in the room next to the P...

"JOY!" PATRICIA EXCLAIMED cheerfully, a humongous smile beaming on her lips as she rushed to the seat in front of the laptop, the rest of the group following and crowding around the seat – Amber was sat in the other chair in the room next to the Patricia, whilst Sydney, Fabian, and Nina stood behind the chairs as the purple-haired girl continued to speak to her friend, "Joy! I got your card, Joy. I came to find you, but you-."

"They wouldn't let me meet you - too dangerous." Joy informed them, cutting the girl off with a shake of her head and almost a bitter-sweet smile on her lips, that was very much tight-lipped.

"Hey, it's okay, it's not your fault." Patricia assured the girl, before an even bigger grin appeared on the purple-haired girl's lips, as she excitedly asked her ex-roommate the question that all of them were wondering, "So, when are you coming back?

Instead of immediately answering, Joy became silent and almost hesitant-like, before she decided to change the topic upon seeing a certain fashionista on the screen, leaning closer to her screen as she inquired, "Hey, is that Amber?"

"Hey, Joy! I have so much to tell you." Amber exclaimed happily, grinning widely as she wanted to immediately tell the girl about all of the Anubis House gossip – in fairness, a lot had happened that term and it was the most exciting a term had ever been, with a lot of drama and certainly a lot more mystery than the group were ever used to.

"Yeah, a lot has happened but I'm sure we can catch you up, especially with 'Gossip Queen Millington' here." Sydney added from behind the fashionista, sending the girl on the screen a small wave as she announced her presence to her, causing the missing girl to perk up a little more as she remembered her last few moments as a student at Anubis House – Patricia and Sydney had tricked her into falling over Fabian's leg.

Of course, Amber, being the one who absolutely loved gossip and tended to know all of it, took that as her que to begin to tell the girl on the screen all of the gossip that had happened that term, "Okay, so Mick and I split up, and he's totally devastated but pretending not to be. Sydney and Jerome are still Sydney and Jerome-."

"Hopelessly in love and pretending not to be?" Joy interrupted, giggling slightly at the news whilst Sydney's face morphed into one of confusion, throwing her hands up into the air exasperatedly as she threw a glance that yelled 'help me' to Nina, who nodded in agreement with both Joy and Amber.

"Exactly!" Amber agreed with a smile on her lips, as all of the group (minus Sydney) giggled, before the fashionista turned slightly and motioned towards the person who Joy had yet to meet as she informed her, "And, Nina started the school - she's American."