46 ⊳ HOUSE OF ENVY.

DENOUEMENT
xlvi. house of envy
❝OH, WE HAVE A DEATH WISH.❞

A GIGANTIC SPIDER

A GIGANTIC SPIDER.

What had startled each and every single member of the secret group, eliciting gasps to erupt from their throat, had turned out to be a (not alive/not real) gigantic spider, dangling down from the ceiling and casting a shadow across them all as it stared menacingly at the humans in front of it. After a few seconds, in which the members of the group spent attempting to calm themselves down after such a fright, it soon became apparent to them that the spider was actually fake and it couldn't harm them. However, despite knowing that, there still seemed to be an eerie feeling about it, as though it was the epitome of danger and that only darkness and terrible things could become of it. If Sydney Anderson was able to see auras around objects/people, she was almost certain that the fake spider's aura would have been blood red - menacing, evil, and most certainly deadly. It was safe to say that the female prankster wasn't particularly a fan of the spider, not even due to the resemblance it had to the insect - she wasn't scared of bugs.

Amber Millington, however? Amber Millington most certainly was scared of bugs - spiders especially - and perhaps that was why the fashionista had her hands covering her eyes as she refused to look at the ginormous and menacing object looming in front of her.

"Just remember: if you can't see it, it's not there." The fashionista gave herself some... pretty flawed... instructions as she tried to forget about the petrifying thing that was casting a shadow upon her face - however, considering it was right in front of them and it was extremely big, the ginormous spider was pretty hard to forget and the female prankster didn't necessarily think her roommate's instructions were enabling her to forget the spider as she told herself repeatedly, "It's not real, it's not real."

"It's not real, Amber." Fabian Rutter assured the worried blonde, with his own worries being absolutely and totally gone as soon as he had noticed that the ginormous spider wasn't a real spider, and that was why he soon began to approach the object alongside Nina Martin, the pair of it examining it as they wondered what it was and its use.

"That's right, Fabian, say it with me!" The frightened fashionista encouraged him, obviously believing that the brunette nerd was following her odd and flawed instructions and trying to force himself to believe the spider looming in front of them wasn't real - when, actually, the spider genuinely wasn't real and Amber was just being... well... Amber.

"He means that it's actually not real." Sydney informed her roommate, sending a somewhat wary glance towards the spider whilst she patted the fashionista on her shoulder comfortingly, hoping that'd assure her worries in some way.

"Oh." Amber mumbled, about to pull her hands away from her eyes to face the evil object in front of her before she suddenly halted in her movements and a hesitant look came across her face, "Wait, how do I know you're not pranking me?"