35 ⊳ HOUSE OF TUNNELS.

DENOUEMENT
xxxv. house of tunnels
❝I'M THE BEST AT SNEAKING AROUND.❞

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"Nina." Mr Sweet called out, telling her to hush, and that seemed to snap the American girl back into reality rather than the rather messed up world that she appeared to be in as she let go of Fabian Rutter's arm, which she had been holding onto tightly since a few seconds before she had began screeching (seemingly got no reason), and she let out a small gasp, soon realising that everyone, even Gustav Ziestack, was staring at her for some sort explanation for screaming outburst that had completely pierced through the cheerful atmosphere, instead making it completely awkward and strange.

"Nina," Alfie Lewis called out from above them, still chained to the second floor of the library whilst wearing a bright purple outfit meant to resemble that of a pharaoh's, "you're making me look normal."

"And nobody can ever do that." Sydney Anderson added with a small giggle, causing the boy in the pharaoh's outfit to playfully roll his eyes at her, despite knowing that it was true (he was literally chained to the second floor wearing a costume meant to make him look like King Tutankhamun, so there was no way that he was able to deny it without making himself look stupid) - however, they all turned back to Nina Martin, wondering what or who she was yelling at and being rather concerned about her odd behaviour.

Noticing that everyone was paying attention to her and waiting for some sort of explanation, she improvised and thought of the first thing that came to her head, which resulted in her turning to her ex-boyfriend, Fabian Rutter, and yelling angrily, somewhat stammering as she cried out, "Who-who are you, to break up with me and then send me text messages saying you still like me?!"

A cover story.

Honestly, it was rather surprising that nobody else had realised that the pair were lying - their abilities to lie were atrocious, and that became extremely obvious as Fabian went along with the story that his ex-girlfriend had made up on the spot, sending her a scared look whilst he awkwardly and nervously responded, "I guess I'm just a crazy person."

"You were sending her text messages whilst I was doing the presentation." Joy Mercer spoke up, seeming rather betrayed and distraught for some reason that the female prankster of Anubis House was unaware of, "Classy, Fabian."

"I simply cannot apologise enough, Mr Ziestack." Victor told the man, and the female prankster could only wonder what sort of punishments the ex-couple would receive for almost blowing the exhibition, alongside the punishments that Alfie Lewis was bound to get after dressing up so ridiculously and causing such a commotion on a very important night - knowing Victor Rodenmaar, it'd involve a toothbrush (technically, three toothbrushes) and some toilets.