04 ⊳ HOUSE OF AGENDAS.

DENOUEMENT
iv. house of agendas
❝THIS CAN BE OUR LITTLE SECRET, KAY?❞

KNOWING THAT THE only genre of film that they'd be able to watch that night was sci-fi, Jerome and Sydney had found themselves sat in the living room of Anubis House with the former's laptop on their lap, a comedy film playing on the screen whilst...

KNOWING THAT THE only genre of film that they'd be able to watch that night was sci-fi, Jerome and Sydney had found themselves sat in the living room of Anubis House with the former's laptop on their lap, a comedy film playing on the screen whilst Sydney rested her head on Jerome's shoulder, the boy having his arm slung around her carefully as they nestled into one another – their excuse for being this close to one another was that the earphones would fall out if they were any further apart, but honestly, nobody was going to question them being so close considering they were used to it – they'd just raise some eyebrows and comment on how they're like a couple.

Fortunately for them, the only other person in the living room was Mick Campbell, who was too occupied kicking a ball around to pay attention to the pair of blondes sat on the sofa. It was evident that boredom had overcome the jock as they were all still waiting for their housekeeper to return with their bags, and he had now resorted to seeing how many times he could kick up the ball, which was mildly annoying, but Sydney managed to tune the sound out after a while.

That was, until, Jerome suddenly paused the film they were watching, a smirk on his lips as he glanced up to the jock, taking out his earphones before he questioned, "So, Mick, how's things between you and Amber since this whole kissing incident?"

After hearing the question, Mick briefly looked up at the pair whilst he continued to kick his ball, turning his attention back to it whilst he responded to the devious boy, "I'm not going to talk to you about Amber, dude."

"Only asking." Jerome stated, putting the hand that wasn't on Sydney's shoulder up in his own defence to show that he didn't mean any harm by the question – though he most certainly did, "But, I do have my ear to the ground if you need any information."

"No, thanks. I think I've got it covered." Mick told him, not particularly wanting to speak about the situation anymore and thinking that he had all the information that he needed and that was out there – afterall, how would someone know more about his relationship than him?

"Of course, you're Mick." Jerome replied matter-of-factly, but the female beside him had noticed that the smirk on his lips hadn't fell yet, meaning that he had another plan on his hands, which was proven to be correct as the boy added, "As if you wouldn't know about your own girlfriend and Alfie. What was I thinking?"

"What are you thinking? This is not fixing it!" Sydney whisper-yelled to the boy so that Mick didn't hear her, slightly frustrated that Jerome seemed to be making things worse instead of better – although, before he could respond, Mick spoke up, confused.

"What?"

"Alfie and Amber... in the laundry room last night." Jerome informed him, pointing towards where the laundry room was whilst Sydney hit her head on his shoulder, wondering what the heck her best friend was doing – creating havoc, that's what he was doing, and very well, it seemed.