38 ⊳ HOUSE OF CRUSHES.

DENOUEMENT
xxxviii. house of crushes
❝I WANT TO SEE YOU HAPPY.❞

"WE'RE GONNA BE trapped!" Nina Martin cried out, the anguish in her voice distinct as the four members of the secret club witnessed their only way out of the tunnels slowly close down on them - quite literally - with the ceiling descending to the ...

"WE'RE GONNA BE trapped!" Nina Martin cried out, the anguish in her voice distinct as the four members of the secret club witnessed their only way out of the tunnels slowly close down on them - quite literally - with the ceiling descending to the floor, and there only being a small gap for them to get through, that seemed to only be getting smaller.

With each second that ticked by, the gap closed even more, so literal seconds became their only chance at regaining freedom and not being trapped in the tunnels forever, hence why the group soon began hurriedly crawling on the ground to the other side, as fast as physically possible, with Fabian Rutter calling out, "Go, go, go!"

Following his instructions, the members of the group pushed themselves against the floor as fast as they could, praying that the ceiling didn't crush them as they went underneath it in order to make it to safety on the other side. Fabian Rutter was the first to reach that point - safety, that was - getting up to his feet only seconds before Nina Martin made it to safety too, being helped up by the nerd. Shortly after, Sydney Anderson had also made it across, quickly jumping up to her feet and letting out a sigh of relief, before she turned back to Amber Millington and put her hand out for the fashionista to take, in order to pull her closer to safety.

And, the fashionista did exactly that and had managed to get to safety, though only a few seconds later did she go back onto her hands and knees to go back into the danger zone, the ceiling falling ridiculously close to her whilst she reached out for the shoe that had fallen off her foot, yelling out desperately, "My shoe!"

"Amber!" The remaining three of the group screeched out, quickly reaching for her and grabbing her, pulling her back to safety, alongside her shoe.

"Sorry, sorry." Amber apologised, probably realising that it wasn't the best idea to reach into a gap where a ceiling was about to fall down and crush them in order to get a shoe back, whilst she put said shoe onto her foot as she told them,  "No shoe gets left behind."

At that, Sydney looked incredulously at the fashionista - although she honestly should have expected her to go after her shoe, especially considering how well she knew her fellow blonde - and she responded, throwing her hand towards the lowered ceiling, "Amber, did you not see the ceiling coming down?! How about no Amber gets left behind?!"

As a response, the fashionista meekly shrugged, and that was about to evoke another reaction from the prankster until they noticed the ceiling beginning to rise once more, taking their attention to the task and for them to notice a pattern on the ground, making Nina point towards it and remark, "Look, there's some sort of pattern."