07 ⊳ HOUSE OF INTRUDERS.

DENOUEMENT
vii. house of intruders
❝IT WAS PROBABLY JUST A NIGHTMARE.❞

AS SOON AS the screech had happened, Sydney and Mara instantly shot out of their beds and rushed over to Patricia's bed, trying to figure out what was wrong with her as they attempted to calm her down simultaneously – she claimed that she screeche...

AS SOON AS the screech had happened, Sydney and Mara instantly shot out of their beds and rushed over to Patricia's bed, trying to figure out what was wrong with her as they attempted to calm her down simultaneously – she claimed that she screeched because she saw a man at the bedroom door, which was creepy, but also very unlikely. They would have had to enter through two heavy (and also, locked) doors, that definitely would have made a sound to wake somebody (especially Victor). Furthermore, they would have then had to get all the way upstairs and through the corridors without being seen by a single person in Anubis House – all of that just to wait in a doorway seemed rather stupid, and quite impossible.

Although, the two girls didn't tell her that they thought her claim was absurd, and simply tried to calm her down for the next few minutes until a bunch of people began to come through their door until all the residents of Anubis House were in their bedroom – a policeman had even been in at one point, whom Victor called to investigate, but was now downstairs with the housekeeper to talk about the incident, after he had told everyone that there had been no sign of anyone having broken in. Whilst Victor was downstairs, Trudy attempted to calm down the purple-haired girl, taking Sydney's seat as the prankster moved over to where Jerome and Alfie stood.

"I saw him outside the door, and he was staring right at me." Patricia told everyone, still frightened about the situation and causing people to begin to comfort her, before she turned to face their housemother, who was to the side of her and had an arm wrapped around her, "You believe me, don't you?"

"Of course." Trudy told her, whilst everyone continued to murmur and whisper to her that it was okay, wanting to get her to relax and calm down as soon as possible so that all of them could go back to sleep.

Despite the incident that had occurred last night and the interruption of sleep that everyone had, all of the Anubis House residents (minus Patricia, who hadn't gone back to sleep after the incident) were still forced to get dressed and go to school, meaning that they had to face the results of their French test, even though everyone's minds were still thinking about whether or not the purple-haired girl actually saw a man last night.

"Do you think she actually saw someone?" Jerome questioned, with him and Alfie leant against the lockers to the side of Sydney's, whilst the girl began to take out the books that she needed for the French lesson that they had next.

"What if it was an alien? It'd explain how he got in and out so quickly without leaving a trace." Alfie suggested with a grin on his lips, whilst the boy beside him let out a chuckle at the idea, knowing it was ludicrous.

"Here's another explanation: it didn't happen." Sydney stated with frustration laced in her tone due to having to have the stupid conversation once again (it had been the only thing she'd heard all day), making sure that she had everything that she needed before she shut her locker and began to make her way to French class with the two boys following behind her, "It was probably just a nightmare – no biggie; I get them all the time."