29 ⊳ HOUSE OF STING.

DENOUEMENT
xxix. house of sting
❝YOU'RE ADORABLE, ALWAYS.❞

AS THEY MADE their way down the corridor, the male's arm slung around the shoulders of the female, the pair were drunk off laughter after the many jokes that were told between them

AS THEY MADE their way down the corridor, the male's arm slung around the shoulders of the female, the pair were drunk off laughter after the many jokes that were told between them. Jerome Clarke was barely able to utter a single word due to how hard he was laughing, having to slightly lean onto Sydney Anderson for support and using his unoccupied hand to clutch his chest desperately. It was the kind of laughter that didn't even come out of your mouth - the silent one that didn't look like much, but it felt as if his insides were being clutched by the hands of God himself. Beside him, Sydney hysterically laughed at him laughing at himself, tears stinging her eyes due to how much they had laughed whilst she supported a little bit of his body weight when he leaned into her after she tried to tell some more jokes.

However, their laughter slowed down, coming to a halt, when they entered the drama studio and noticed the members of Sibuna (minus Amber, who seemed to be yelling into her phone) talking in a circle, and upon seeing the two blonde pranksters (more specifically, Jerome) the purple-haired member of the group released a sigh, hesitating as she responded, informing Nina, "I'll tell you later, okay?"

"Tell her what?" Jerome inquired, his laughter having come to a complete halt and causing him to be rather intrigued as the pair of pranksters intruded and entered the secret group's circle.

"The less people that know, the better." Patricia told him dryly, not wanting to give him any information due to his contact with their enemy, him trying to steal the pieces a few days ago, and the fact that he had spilled information on the group before, which made the girl taunt him, "Loose lips."

"I have told you, I am going nowhere near Rufus ever again." Jerome retorted as his defence, considering he wanted nothing to do with the leather-jacket-clad man who continued to threaten and intimidate him, before his phone beeped with a new message, causing him to pull it out of his pocket and groan frustratedly as he saw who the message was from, "Oh, speak of the devil - literally, I'm surprised my phone didn't burst into flames!"

Standing on her tiptoes for more height, Sydney peered over his shoulder to glance at his phone screen curiously, asking, "What's he said?"

Upon reading the nasty words on his screen, Jerome quickly covered his phone with his hand so that the girl peering over his shoulder wouldn't be able to see it, his eyes widened as he remained stricken and thus silent for a few moments, before he muttered out, "It's not repeatable."

"He sure is friendly, huh?" Sydney joked, hiding her nerves with sarcasm and humour - she hated, despised, absolutely loathed the fact that her best friend was constantly being threatened by the man dressed in black - but then, she became distracted as she saw her favourite and normally cheerful fashionista yelling angrily into her mobile phone, causing the prankster to point over at her, asking, "What's up with Prom Queen Millington?"