45 ⊳ HOUSE OF DOUBLE-CROSS.

DENOUEMENT
xlv. house of double cross
❝YOU'RE DIFFERENT.❞

CONSIDERING THAT THERE was still a threat on the lives of the six students whom were a part of a secret club, it was hard to ignore the tasks that they had to complete to rid of the threat on their leaves even for a temporary amount of time, and t...

CONSIDERING THAT THERE was still a threat on the lives of the six students whom were a part of a secret club, it was hard to ignore the tasks that they had to complete to rid of the threat on their leaves even for a temporary amount of time, and that was exactly why Sydney Anderson had found herself discussing the task ahead of them with Nina Martin and Amber Millington as the trio of girls made their way down the school corridors, attempting to figure out what they were meant to do with their next task. However, the female prankster didn't particularly have much hope that they'd figure it out by themselves - her logic typically was that if Fabian Rutter couldn't figure it out, which at that moment he hadn't managed to do so, then nobody else from the secret group was able to. Yet, that clearly didn't stop them from trying to figure it out without the nerd.

"Okay, so we have a poisonous web, three hooks, and a spider-shaped hole thing." Nina Martin reminded her two roommates, leaning a little bit over the arm of her prankster roommate in order to glance at the photo that was up on the blonde's camera, showing a picture of the web room that was in the tunnels.

"And I hoped this task would be about mermaids." Amber Millington huffed frustratedly, obviously not particularly liking the idea about having to do a task about spiders when she was extremely afraid of all insects, spiders included, "Or baking."

"Oh, we'd have to keep Alfie away from any sort of baking task." Sydney Anderson pointed out, recalling how her friend wasn't exactly the best with anything to do with the kitchen and that, whenever he helped with meals, it typically resulted in a disaster.

"And Amber away from any raspberries." The American member of the group quickly added, remembering how the fashionista was allergic to them and how her face had blown up after she had eaten the raspberry-flavoured muffins that she had received from Alfie - honestly, the memory was kind of funny and that was what caused both Sydney and Nina to laugh at the reminder of it, whilst the fashionista sent them a small glare.

Yeah, Sydney was not going to deal with the wrath of her fashion-loving roomie that day, and she quickly made a small excuse for her to make her leave from her two roommates as she told the pair of her plans that'd last for the next few minutes of their break from classes, "I'm going to take some pictures. I'll catch up with you two later, yeah?"

Of course, they couldn't particularly deny her request to leave them in order to pursue her love for photography, so they soon nodded in agreement and sent the prankster a small smile whilst she began to walk away from the pairing - though, she could have sworn that she saw a glimpse of Poppy Clarke beginning to pass in front of the pair. Oh well, surely nothing interesting or important was going to happen, right?