34 ⊳ HOUSE OF MYTHS.

DENOUEMENT
xxxiv. house of myths
❝A CURSEY WHAT NOW?❞

NINA MARTIN WAS acting strange, to say in the least

Upon hearing a loud gasp, Sydney Anderson's eyes slowly flickered open, blinking a few times to adjust to the bright light in the room from the sunlight pouring into it, and she slowly sat up in her bed, looking over at the only other person awake in the room (and, thus, the person who gasped), Nina Martin, who had one of her sleeves rolled up and seemed to be rubbing her arm frantically.

"You okay?" Sydney inquired, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion and concern as she watched her roommate quickly snap her head around to face her, eyes widened with fright clouded in them.

However, the American soon regained her composure, pulling down her sleeve before the prankster was able to see anything, and gave a small, yet very forced, smile to the girl, "I'm fine - it was just a nightmare."

Not allowing for anymore questions, Nina quickly pushed the covers off her body and got out of her bed, going over to her wardrobe to grab her uniform so that she could start getting ready for the day, whilst Sydney Anderson watched the girl curiously, wondering what was truly happening in the life of Nina Martin at that moment and why she was being so secretive yet again. It was safe to say that she was rather suspicious of the girl, yet pushed it to the side as she began getting ready for school herself.

Once they were ready for school and had their breakfast, Sydney Anderson had rushed upstairs to grab her belongings whilst Jerome Clarke and Alfie Lewis picked up their bags from the sofa in the living room, where they had left them so that they didn't have to go back to their rooms once breakfast was done. However, as they lifted their bags up, a note rolled around from underneath it, causing the blonde-haired prankster to pick it up and read it out loud.

"I sought treasure, the treasure was you."

Peering over the blonde prankster's shoulder to look at the letter, Alfie Lewis glanced towards the bottom of it, seeing that there was a name attached and pointing towards it, "Look, it's from Fabian."

Snickering, Jerome commented, "Indeed it is."

Realising that he'd be able to cause some havoc with the piece of paper in his hands, Jerome Clarke pocketed it whilst the two boys snickered, leaving the dining room before anybody noticed that they had taken the piece of paper, and they ended up in the entrance hall just as Sydney Anderson was descending the stairs, and glanced at them both warily upon seeing the mischievous looks upon their faces, "What have you done?"

"Why, oh, why," Jerome started, instantly stepping forward and doing her tie for her, like it was an instinctive habit for him to do, once she had come fully down the stairs whilst he continued to speak, a devious smirk plastered on his lips, "would you ever think that we've done something?"