03 ⊳ HOUSE OF EYES.

DENOUEMENT
iii. house of eyes
❝LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS IN BIG, BIG TROUBLE.❞

THE SOUND OF a million shards of glass shattering-

Inhaling a deep breath of air, the petrified blonde-haired female shot up out of her bed, her hand on her chest as she tried to calm down her breathing after the memory had come to haunt her once again – she should have been used to this by now; it had been around a month, but healing takes time – she had to remind herself of that every now and again, but she still hated the person whom she had become. She wished that she could go back to simply being the bubbly blonde with no issues or worries, but her nightmares didn't seem to let her, not letting her to forget the day her life flipped around and everything... including herself... had to change.

As she was thinking, the blonde was unaware that her rapid movement had caused her two roommates to glance over at her, the pair of them already being awake and now looking at her with confused and worried eyes, wondering what had startled the girl so badly that she seemed like she had to take a few moments to breathe as soon as she woke up. However, once Sydney noticed their wondering eyes, she simply waved them off with her hand, the small motion telling them not to worry about it and it instantly falling to the back of their mind as they dismissed it as a small nightmare – everyone had them, right?

Slightly groggy after her sudden wake up call, Sydney slowly got ready for the day of her, hiding the bags under her eyes with what seemed like layers of concealer. However, despite her changing her physical appearance so much so she seemed more awake, her body language gave it away easily – the slowness of how she walked and the way her eyes kept slowly closing before shooting open again – she'd have to fix that, somehow. As she brushed through her hair and styled it for the day, the blonde thought about how she could wake herself up, before she thought of the perfect idea that didn't require much effort or much more thinking, especially when you had the queen of talking in your room: gossip.

"So, Nina completed her initiation task." Sydney announced, mainly glancing towards the nerdy roommate that she had through her mirror, considering that Mara wouldn't have been aware due to her sleeping when Nina escaped the attic.

"Really?" Mara questioned, her eyes widening at the news and she turned her head to face the blonde, wanting to know everything that had happened, and more importantly, if she managed to make it out without facing the wrath of their housekeeper, "Did Victor catch her?"

"No, she was amazing!" Amber chimed in, and it was obvious that the new girl had already gotten into their resident rich girl's good books due to the smile that was on Amber's face as she spoke of Nina, "Can you even imagine going into that creepy attic? Ew."

"I wonder how annoyed Patricia is going to be when she wakes up and sees Nina back in her bed." Sydney spoke up, knowing that the purple-haired girl resented the new girl for "taking Joy's place" – it was probably going to cause a lot of conversation, most of which Patricia would not be happy joining in with.