22 ⊳ HOUSE OF YESTERDAY.

DENOUEMENT
xxii. house of yesterday
❝A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN.❞

"REMIND ME WHY I agreed to this, again?" Sydney Anderson questioned, an exasperated look on her face as she sat in front of Amber Millington's mirror, allowing for the fashionista to do her makeup and hair once again before breakfast – so far, the...

"REMIND ME WHY I agreed to this, again?" Sydney Anderson questioned, an exasperated look on her face as she sat in front of Amber Millington's mirror, allowing for the fashionista to do her makeup and hair once again before breakfast – so far, they had been in front of the mirror for the past hour and the prankster was heavily regretting her decision in letting her friend make her over.

"Because I'm your favourite person." Amber told the girl, a cheeky smile on her face as she continued to work her magic, pulling some more things out of her makeup bag before she turned to the fidgeting prankster once more, scolding her, "And, could you please stay still?! It's like you want me to poke your eye out with mascara!"

"I've be sat here for like five hours! I swear we've missed breakfast and school!" Sydney dramatically cried out, throwing her hands into the air as she complained.

"Actually, you've been sat there for an hour – breakfast is in about ten minutes." Nina corrected the girl, an amused smirk on her lips as she watched the scene unfold; she was rather happy, considering that if the prankster hadn't volunteered to be the puppet of Amber's makeup dreams, then it would have probably been the American sat in front of the mirror – she'd gotten a lucky escape.

"One hour, five hours – same thing." Sydney groaned, dismissing the correction away as the two other girls in the room chuckled at their friend's grumpy behaviour.

"You know, I don't think it is." Nina said, laughing slightly, before she went over and took out the riddle that they had discovered the previous day in the attic, mumbling it to herself as she paced around the room, clearly thinking about what it could have meant.

"I'm almost done anyways." Amber informed the prankster, who let out a humongous sigh of relief at the news which forced the fashionista shake her head at the reaction, telling the girl, "You can't rush perfection, Sydney."

Frustrated, Sydney replied, "It's hardly rushed when it's taken an hour to-."

However, she was cut off by the sound of a knock at Nina's and Amber's bedroom door. Thinking that it was probably another member of Sibuna coming to check on them, Nina absentmindedly called out for whoever it was to come in, only for the door to open slightly and for Jerome's head to peek around the door awkwardly, glancing around the room until his eyes landed on Sydney, now with her hair wavy and natural makeup on.

"Uh, Patricia said you were in here." Jerome mumbled towards his best friend, before he glanced over to the two other girls in the room, both of whom were looking at him with confusion (and slight annoyance over the stunt he had pulled that hurt Amber), "Do you mind if I steal her?"