32 ⊳ HOUSE OF SPIRITS.

DENOUEMENT
xxxii. house of spirits
❝YOU'RE MY MUSE.❞

NOW, SYDNEY ANDERSON expected many things to happen to her the following day

NOW, SYDNEY ANDERSON expected many things to happen to her the following day. She expected to receive a detention or two (perhaps even three) for not doing some sort of homework that she'd probably forgotten about, and she expected to hear about how Alfie Lewis was still trying to win the heart of Amber Millington, and she also expected to hear somebody mention the rumour of her and Jerome Clarke having crushes on each other at least once. Despite that, one thing that she most certainly did not expect was to be woken up by a very loud and piercing screech - Nina Martin's screech, to be exact.

Snapping her out of her dream, the female prankster shot up out of her bed, sitting up with panicked and widened eyes as she glanced over at the American worriedly, seeing that Nina had her eyes somewhere else and thus following her eye-line to see that she was looking at Amber Millington, who was asleep and seemed a little... odd... and that's when another screech was heard in the room.

That time it was Sydney Anderson's screech.

Due to the screeches leaving her roommate's mouth, Amber Millington finally awoke and let out a screech as well, though she was unaware as to what her two roommates were screaming about and just decided to join in, presuming that their screams weren't due to anything good and that they were in danger.

"Amber, your face!"

Instantly, the fashionista grabbed the handheld mirror from her nightstand, bringing it up to her face and looking at her reflection, causing her to shriek loudly once more as she realised exactly what her roommates had been screeching at and why. Amber's typically flawless skin was covered with red blotches, and most certainly was not flawless anymore.

Due to all the commotion, the door soon swung open and their housemother rushed in only a second later, a pan in her hands to use as a weapon as she panicked, "What? Where's the intruder?"

Worried eyes darting around the room for the 'intruder', it was only a matter of time before Trudy Rehmann laid her sights on Amber Millington, and yet another screech was heard as she did so.

Yeah... it was safe to say that Amber Millington was going to do her absolute best to hide her face from the world until it was perfect and flawless once more.

The three girls, alongside their wonderful housemother, had spent all morning trying to get rid of the blemishes on the girl's normally perfect skin, but eventually failed and they were left to ponder how her skin wound up so badly overnight - and that was when they realised that Amber Millington was allergic to raspberries, and the cupcakes that Alfie Lewis had given her were raspberry cupcakes. It was safe to say that she was far from impressed with the boy and he had absolutely failed in the gift segment of being a perfect boyfriend, considering that his gift had caused the one thing that Amber Millington cared about probably the most (her looks) to be in jeopardy.