31 ⊳ HOUSE OF HELLO.

DENOUEMENT
xxxi. house of hello
❝RECOVERY IS A PROCESS.❞

IT WAS THE first day of the new school term, and it was safe to say that Sydney Anderson already had extremely high hopes for the new term and was rather optimistic, completely contrasting the attitude that she had at the start of last term, which

IT WAS THE first day of the new school term, and it was safe to say that Sydney Anderson already had extremely high hopes for the new term and was rather optimistic, completely contrasting the attitude that she had at the start of last term, which... wasn't exactly a normal term for the Anubis House residents. However, it wasn't exactly a surprise that the blonde-haired prankster was a lot more optimistic that term, as she had changed quite significantly over the past few months.

Over the long break, she had recovered quite a lot mentally, having attended numerous therapy sessions and was given the opportunity to properly grieve and mourn the death of her parents - she didn't even have nightmares about the crash anymore. Furthermore, she had even opened up to Alfie Lewis about what had happened to her parents (it was kind of inevitable, seeing as the pair typically hung out during the breaks and he came over to her house, just like her and Jerome Clarke did) - of course, the rest of the residents of Anubis House weren't aware, but the girl had already planned on informing them at some point that term.

Due to all of the improvements in her life recently and how optimistic she felt, Sydney Anderson had a bright and radiance-filled smile plastered on her lips as she walked towards Anubis House, camera wrapped around her neck as she was alongside her childhood best friend, Jerome Clarke - who, on the other hand, was not that optimistic and the reason for that was the exact same reason why he was forcing the girl to sneak behind cars to get to Anubis House with him:

Poppy Clarke.

Unfortunately for him, his worst nightmare had aged up to a teenager and had started her time at Amun Boarding School, meaning that she was constantly going to be around to pester and annoy Jerome Clarke, her big brother. Of course, the male prankster being who he was had decided that he wanted nobody to be aware of her existence or his link to her and that he wanted to avoid her at all costs - and he truly meant 'at all costs', which was why he was sneaking around the cars and acting rather shifty whilst the female beside him just looked amused with his antics.

"You know, you're not going to be able to hide from her forever." Sydney pointed out to him with a slightly exasperated sigh as he peered out from behind yet another car - if they hadn't had to keep stopping to peer out from behind cars, they probably would have already been inside Anubis House at that point and the female prankster was very tempted to send her location to his little sister to end their game of 'hide and seek' early.

"Watch me." Jerome retorted, causing the girl to playfully roll her eyes at him as he peered out once more (which Sydney may or may not have sneakily taken a photo of, because it looked kind of funny) - he was deadly serious about avoiding his little sister at all costs, apparently.