39 ⊳ HOUSE OF PRESSURE.

DENOUEMENT
xxxix. house of pressures
❝THE DREAM'S COMING TRUE.❞

"YOU LOOK TERRIBLE" Those were the first words that Sydney Anderson had heard that morning after her nightmare when she had finally come downstairs, sitting beside the blonde-haired male prankster who had spoken the three brutally honest words

"Thank you, Jerome, that's just what every girl wants to hear in the morning." Sydney murmured sarcastically in response, a clear frown on her lips that was soon hidden from the view of the few residents of Anubis House that were in the dining room when she had put her head onto the table.

"You know that you're pretty, shush." Jerome Clarke uttered in response, his eyes clouded over and his eyebrows knit together due to concern as he watched his childhood best friend be grumpy in the morning (which, honestly, was sometimes normal, but she was more grumpy than normal that day), and he soon quizzed, "Are you okay? You woke up late, as well."

"Late?" Sydney repeated confusedly, her eyebrows furrowing together in concern as she lifted her head up from the table, taking her phone out of her pocket to check the time.

"Late for you." Jerome quickly clarified, referring to how the female was usually up and ready for school quite early in the morning in order to help set out the breakfast alongside their housemother, and upon realising what the boy meant, Sydney let out a breath of relief as she was glad that she wasn't going to get in trouble for being late on an already bad day, "You normally help out Vera - what's wrong?"

"Nightmare." Sydney whined, exhaustedly putting her head back on the dining room table as she wondered if she'd be able to take a small nap right then and there so that she could catch up on some of the sleep that she had missed due to the horrific nightmare.

"Again?" Jerome inquired, becoming even more concerned at the news, which led to him questioning his tired childhood best friend more, "Was it about The Grim Reaper or-?" Before he was able to continue, the girl had already nodded at the first option (she went by the logic that the spirit was a wannabe of the figure of death, so she wasn't technically lying), so the boy had cut himself off and released a heavy sigh as he pointed out to her, "That's twice in a few days, Syd."

"What was twice in a few days?" Fabian Rutter questioned, seeming quite tired himself and having bags underneath his eyes as he walked into the dining room, clearly having overheard the last part of the conversation between the two pranksters - instantly, he had noticed how exhausted Sydney Anderson seemed, and his eyes narrowed inquisitively.

"Nightmare." Both Sydney and Jerome answered simultaneously, with the latter keeping his eyes on his childhood best friend and putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.