43 ⊳ HOUSE OF BARRIERS.

DENOUEMENT
xliii. house of barriers
❝IT'S CUTE.❞

WITHOUT A DOUBT, the amulets that had been taken from the students were the most important thing whirring through the minds of those in the secret group for the remainder of the day, especially since the amulets allowed them to go into the tunnels

WITHOUT A DOUBT, the amulets that had been taken from the students were the most important thing whirring through the minds of those in the secret group for the remainder of the day, especially since the amulets allowed them to go into the tunnels. Thus, it was still the topic of conversation as the six members of the secret club finished their break and found themselves walking down the corridor together, defeated looks on their faces.

"What are we going to do?" Nina Martin inquired, considering that the members of the group hadn't really come up with a plan to get the amulets - probably the most important thing that they needed in order to actually complete the task - back, "Without the amulets, we'll never find the mask - the mission's done, over, caput, and so am I."

"You never know, Victor might suddenly become all nice and..." Amber Millington suggested, though simply the start of her claim was absurd, as nobody had ever really witnessed their housekeeper suddenly become nice, which caused all of the members of the secret group to shoot her a doubtful and incredulous look, which she soon noticed and caused her to defend her suggestion, "What? It could happen."

"Sure, right after Patricia becomes a guidance counsellor." Fabian Rutter told her, mentioning yet another absurd idea - Patricia Williamson wasn't exactly the best person to turn to for calm and reasonable guidance, so it'd be ludicrous if she actually did become a guidance counsellor, and it seemed as though the purple-haired member knew that herself.

Letting out a laugh, Patricia Williamson soon dismissed the seemingly insane idea presented by the nerd, telling the group, "Like that's gonna happen."

"So, what's the plan then?" Sydney Anderson quizzed, bringing them back onto the important topic that they had been talking about prior as they needed to get their amulets that led them into the tunnels back, and preferably, extremely quickly.

"We just have to keep an eye on Victor - he'll slip up eventually, then we're back in business." Patricia Williamson came up with an idea - a seemingly simple one - that led to all of the members of the group nodding in agreement as they continued to their lessons.

One person who wasn't in their lessons at school that afternoon was Jerome Clarke, who had visited the familiar prison once more in hopes of finding out the secret that his father had wanted to tell him numerous prison visits ago, but couldn't due to there always being someone else there - the first time it had been Sydney Anderson, and the second time it had been Poppy Clarke, who had unexpectedly turned up and crashed the so-called 'party'. Finally, Jerome Clarke and John Clarke were alone, and the secret that the former had longed to find out about since first hearing about it was within his grasp.