06 ⊳ HOUSE OF CHEATS.

DENOUEMENT
vi. house of cheats
❝BLACKMAIL MATERIAL, I PRESUME?❞

"AND, LAST, BUT not least, it must be completed in silence

"AND, LAST, BUT not least, it must be completed in silence." Miss Andrews stated, writing those exact words in capitals on the whiteboard to prove an even further point, and making it even clearer as she sent a glare towards the three pranksters in the class, who were known to make a lot of noise whilst talking to one another.

Unfortunately, the class were faced with a French listening test and had headphones around their necks, about to begin the dreaded test that Sydney had not spent a single second to revise, despite her being grounded all weekend – she should have regretted that decision, but she really didn't.

Afterall, she'd take watching films with her best friends and throwing popcorn at them until the entire room was covered with it, over revising for a stupid test any day.

"Is everyone ready?" Miss Andrews questioned, but before she could start the test, Fabian and Nina quickly rushed into the class, arriving late to their lessons for some reason that was unknown - it was peculiar.

Fabian Rutter was never late for a lesson.

Luckily, the two had ran in just in time for the test (Sydney would have definitely skipped the entire lesson and not come to the test at all), although that didn't stop Miss Andrews from scolding them, "You're late."

A worried and apologetic look on their faces, the two shared a brief glance with one another, before looking back over at their teacher and apologising to her simultaneously, "Sorry."

"Get to your places. We're about to start." She instructed them, and the two hurriedly sat together and got ready for the test, covering their ears with the headphones, "Have you seen Patricia on your travels?"

Whilst getting ready for the test, the pair of them lifted their head up to look at their teacher and shook their head, answering their teacher with a small, "No."

"Right, she'll be getting an 'F' then." Mrs Andrews stated, and that was also quite odd - not as odd as Fabian being late, but also still odd - Patricia was a brat, but she never skipped class, "We'll start the test."

With that being said, Sydney pulled the headphones over her ears, and within seconds heard a sentence being said in the French language pressing play and the voice came through the headphones instantly, Sydney understanding some of it and clicking her pen, hastily marking the correct answer before the next sentence was spoken.

Fortunately enough for Sydney, as much as she hated school and all subjects within it, she was naturally smart and could easily pass her tests without revision, hence why she wasn't particularly worried about not studying for this test - she knew that she'd at least get a C, which was good enough for her.