40 ⊳ HOUSE OF SIBUNA.

DENOUEMENT
xl. house of sibuna
❝SOULMATES ARE WEIRD.❞

"EVEN THOUGH EACH civilization comes and goes, they always leave behind a footprint for the next one, and that couldn't be more important for all of us

"EVEN THOUGH EACH civilization comes and goes, they always leave behind a footprint for the next one, and that couldn't be more important for all of us... today."

Those words, the exact same ones from the dream, came from the exact same nerdy person - the one and only Fabian Rutter - as he stood upon the stage and in front of the microphone, facing the numerous dressed up people in the crowd who listened to his speech intently - Sydney Anderson and Nina Martin were two of those people in the crowd, the pair of them momentarily forgetting about the dream that taunted them and the similarities that were occurring around them as they both joined in with the applause that the room fell into once the boy's speech had come to an end, and the former of the pair motioned for the American to go and greet the man, who just so happened to be her crush, whilst he came off from the stage, whispering to her with a humongous smirk plastered upon her lips as she decided to play matchmaker, "Go and get your man."

Deciding to give the ex-couple-yet-hopefully-soon-to-be-couple-again (yes, it was complicated) some privacy when she watched Nina Martin follow her advice and approach the nerd with a proud and rather cute grin etched on her lips, the female prankster went to walk away and had gone to approach Amber Millington and Alfie Lewis (with the latter now wearing a masquerade mask, obviously due to the fashionista's insistence - that was one thing from the dream that was thankfully different), though she soon found herself hitting her face against the chest of someone - Jerome Clarke, of course - who hastily grabbed her arm in order to make sure she didn't fall, before the pair of them glanced up at one another, and as soon as they laid eyes on one another they burst into laughter.

That was just how Sydney Anderson and Jerome Clarke were - at their stupid mistakes and small mishaps, they saved each other and then simply laughed at one another.

After laughing hysterically at one another and once the giggles slowly faded away, the female prankster had finally managed to get something out of her mouth other than laughter as she spoke up, realising that he had been gone for quite a while after he had gone to give Mrs Andrews her money after selling her the exact same dress as two others, "I was wondering where you'd gone to - I thought you went into hiding again."

"Well, it looks like I came out of hiding at the perfect time." Jerome pointed out, noticing how the sound of classical music had filled the room once more (it had temporarily stopped beforehand so that Fabian Rutter was able to do his speech) and the people around them had began dancing with one another in their couples/dates, twirling each other around as they gracefully moved around the dance floor, and the male prankster turned back to face the girl in front of him, a smirk on his lips as he held out his hand for her to take whilst he asked, "May I have this dance?"