09 ⊳ HOUSE OF FLAMES.

DENOUEMENT
viii. house of flames
❝I, SYDNEY ANDERSON, [...] PROMISE TO PROTECT THE SECRETS OF ANUBIS HOUSE.❞

BORED, BORED, BORED

BORED, BORED, BORED.

That's exactly how Sydney Anderson felt whilst she sat in her French class, which was typically boring anyways, but had managed to get even worse as the students were meant to be working and studying silently, with not even their teacher talking as she sat at her desk doing some sort of paperwork. So, it was safe to say that she was extremely bored as she simply stared at her textbook, not actually looking at the words as she was in her thoughts, which were honestly just going crazy.

At one point she had actually been somewhat focused on French, but then her thoughts soon drifted into thinking about Sibuna, which then led to thinking about the voice that they heard on the cylinder last night, before she somehow shrugged it off (as best as she could - it was rather hard to forget that their housekeeper's voice was heard on the cylinders that dated back to almost one hundred years ago, and that he was accused of murder) and decided to try and come up with some pranks.

However, her thoughts were cut off as she heard the silence in the room be broken, surprisingly not by herself or Jerome or Alfie (though Sydney had been seconds away from throwing a paper ball at one of their heads for some sort of entertainment), but instead by their teacher.

"Mr Rutter." Mrs Andrews called out, causing Sydney to glance up from her desk to see the teacher approaching the nerd's desk, as he took his earphones out - he had been listening to the MP3 player which the cylinders were recorded on, "Listening to music whilst you're supposed to be studying shows very little respect to me."

"I'm really sorry, Miss. It just helps me to think." Fabian defended himself, not wanting to be on the bad side of their teacher or have the MP3 taken away from them - although, that was a likely case; Mrs Andrews tended to always follow the rules and, if someone broke them, they would get a punishment.

"You know the rules." Mrs Andrews responded, proving Sydney's assumption to be true as the teacher put her hand out, motioning for the boy to hand over the MP3 as she continued, "MP3s are not allowed in class."

Hesitantly, he put it into her hand, Sydney wincing as he did so, before he questioned, "When will I get it back?"

"When I'm ready." She simply told him, walking back over to her desk with the MP3 in her hands, and putting it into one of the drawers.

Annoyed, the three girls within Sibuna sent a look that could've killed towards Fabian, frustrated that he had gotten the MP3 confiscated - although, it seemed like he felt the same way and was annoyed at himself, his eyes lowering the desk.