The Push

Renee Foster was standing in front of Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons

Renee Foster was standing in front of Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons. The old building stared at her devoid of anything but that was to be expected by a building, her bag was hanging on one of her shoulders as she stood at the entrance of the college. Her feet were numb, they weren't moving, her hands tightly gripping the handle of her bag, she took deep breaths as she convinced herself to take a step forward, being late on her first day of college wouldn't make a good impression.

"Hey, move or are you planning on standing there all day?" Someone said as they bumped into her.

"Mark, slow down. I am sorry about that, he gets a little excited," Renee looked to her right at the person who was talking to her. 

"That's okay,"

"Are you planning on standing here all day?" 

"Could you push me?" She whispered.

"What?"

"I said could you push me? I need you to push me. Push me!!" She said fiercely.

"Uh-there," The man gave her a small push but it didn't work as she didn't even move from her place.

"What? You can't push? Use your strength," The man sighed as he shoved her with all his force. 

"Thank you," She said as she turned to look at the man who had successfully pushed her.

"You're welcome, should we go inside, don't want to be late on our first day, right?"

It had been a few weeks since the first introduction of Derek Shepherd and Renee Foster. Everything they had imagined about how fun and exciting everything would be was shattered in only a couple of days. It was absolute gruesome, to say the least, they had long and boring hours filled with writing papers and assignments, they hadn't even touched a dead body. Renee and Derek were walking towards their Anatomy class, hands filled with books, when they were joined by Mark Sloan, the young man was straightening his shirt and fixing his hair.

"Seriously, we had so many assignments to complete and you still have time to have sex?!" She said as she pushed a few of her books in his arms.

"Oh, please, I know how to balance my social life," Mark said.

"We don't have a social life, we spend 10 hours in college and remaining in either studying or sleeping," Derek said as he sat down beside Addison as they reached their classroom.

"I am not sitting next to you," Renee said to Mark as she sat beside Naomi.

"Oh, come on, am I so bad?" Mark said as he brought his face closer to her.