Downfall Of Arrogance

"Well, the allergy results came out negative,"

Arizona looked between the Fosters as she gave the oncologists the report file which clearly stated that the child is not a suspect of any allergies or food-related reaction. She looked at Renee to see that she had furrowed her eyebrows and adjusted the baby in her arms, Arizona just shrugged when Renee looked over at her.

"So, what caused the short breathlessness and the hyperventilation?"

"We still aren't sure, maybe-"

"What is these are the complications from the lung transplant?" Renee cut off Arizona.

"No, we did the MRI and the scans, nothing unusual," 

"So, why and how?" Arizona didn't know what to say, usually in the case of shortness of breath in babies is due to some allergies but in the case of Ilaria that wasn't it, the baby was fine until she was babysat by Callie.

"Do you think-uh-your friend Callie-" Arizona went to question.

"No, no, Callie is great with babies, she's a surgeon here," 

"Dr Callie Torres? Okay, uh-then we'll see, make sure you keep an extra eye on her if something happens, call me," 

"Why are you sitting in here?"

Calliope looked up to see Renee standing by the door, her hand on her waist, her hair little dishevelled from running around the floor, her scrub had a little stain from the breakfast where she had spilt the juice. Callie had never seen the oncologist in such a state, the upstate New York doctors in Seattle Grace always maintained a certain image in front of everyone, like Derek always wore a coat and fancy pants, Addison always wore the prettiest dresses and the finest pearls, Richard wore the most expensive suit and the best shoes, Renee wore dresses and heels to match, the only odd man out in the entire equation seemed to Mark who had worn his leather jacket every single day. But that day Renee seemed to be a little out of place, just a little.

"There's a stain on your pants," Callie said before looking back at her paperwork.

"I don't care, why in the hell are you sitting here, it smells funny in here," Renee said as she sniffed around.

"Do you need anything?" Callie asked.

"Why are pissed? You were made the Chief resident-"

"Yes, I know I was made the Chief resident, I don't need you or anybody else reminding me that," Callie snapped at Renee who just put her arms in surrender.

"Okay, breathe and tell me what happened?" Renee said as she crouched in front of Callie.

"Nothing happened-nothing-" Callie broke off as she started crying.

"You don't have to tell me, let it out," Renee said as she moved from her position and sat beside Callie and hugged her.

"I don't need Bailey to tell me that Karev isn't interested in teaching and that he's dumping a new intern on her, I don't need Bailey telling me that Grey and Yang are playing musical chairs with their interns, I don't want to fight Bailey-" Callie cried.